Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I've wanted to make a climb button in my game, if a character is close to a climbable object, and presses space, he climbs up on it.

This is my source:

Player is my character, range is the range from the object. I wanted to make the character climb up on the object, using the Physics controller, by deleting my character controller, making a new one with a greater height to stairs, pushing my character forward, after this deleting my character controller, and making a normal one once again. The problem is that my character isn't climbing up on the object unless I take out the last delete character controller and make character controller. If I delete those two lines, works perfectly, but I can't leave it this way, cause then my character will be able to climb up on any object later on.

Any ideas?
Gamedesign er20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2008 00:42
I don't use character controllers myself, but I think this should be useful:

Quote: "
• can now control the displacement direction when the character controller is moving, this is used to manually implement forces such as gravity or moving from side to side, use the command phy set character controller displacement ID, forward#, backward# to override the default behaviour, when the movement speed is less than 0.0 then the backward# value is applied to the Y axis, when the movement speed is greater than 0.0 then the forward# value is applied to the Y axis
• use phy set character controller displacement ID, x#, y#, z# to add in your own custom displacement for when the character controller moves
• use phy set character controller displacement ID, state to change the displacement state if required
"

This is from the documentation of the Dark Physics 1.01 update. If you don't have it already, go to the order history page on your profile to download it.

Note: You will only be able to download it off the order history page if the e-mail you used for your purchase is the same one you used for your forum account.

This is where my signature would be If I had one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 20:31:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 20:31:46