Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Strange Physics Results

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2008 17:45
Okay, this is what is happening. Take a look at the pic. The box is dynamic, the terrain is static. Before something hits the terrain, it responds to gravity fine. But as soon as it hits the terrain, it's another story - it seems to enter slow-motion. I can't seem to figure out what's going on.

The scale of my game is rather large, as I'm not sizing down media like I have in the past. I've been thinking that might be part of the problem.

Anyways, the thought that comes to mind is prehaps the default material settings don't like me - I'm going to mess with thoughs. However, if anyone has had this problem before, please let me know.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2008 01:46
Nevermind, found the problem.

For anyone else - it seems my mass setting was too high/low. I let it use the default and it works fine. I'll have to go mess with the values I was using before.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 19:18:47
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 19:18:47