Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / "Phy Make Rigid Body Static Terrain" dosn't work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2008 20:13 Edited at: 21st May 2008 21:01
"Phy Make Rigid Body Static Terrain"
returns a error about not able to create NxActor.

Is this a bug?

Going to try to update, didnt think of that before I saw the
"Post Message" for some reason

EDIT # 1
Okey, updated.
Now it compiles, but my player just falls right trought it
(Using a dynamic box for debugging)

EDIT # 2
Okeeey, my character controller dosent get affected that its about 400px(or what) over the terrain

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 03:15 Edited at: 22nd May 2008 03:23
Hey...

I may be new to DP, still in experimental stage, but I do know,1 there are other people having problems with terrain, or at least advanced terrain,2 it might help to do a forum search for "terrain" without the qoutes under this thread, I just did and got about 15 to 20 results, and 3 you might want to post your code so someone can REALY see if it's a bug, or your code, or both...

Just some friendly advice from someone who's been told to search for answers, use proper forum etiquette(there's an actual link for these guidelines and has been posted before, just can't remember where), and to post code snippets whenever possible...

Mickey III

Edit: Try this link:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84995&b=30 It has entire code that will create an Advanced Terrain object, set it up in DarkPhysics, and create and drop spheres onto the terrain...Hope that helps.
Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2008 04:51
I'd definently look at the link provided by MickeyIII and compare it to your code. I'm using an AT generated terrain with character controllers and dynamic rigid bodies with no problem, and have been for some time.

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2008 16:30
Ok, I'm in an EXTREMELY good mood this morning. Maybe a little too much...

Anyway, I took a look at the link I had posted above myself, and came up with this code...

that's for if you want to use your own media, it's pretty straight foward. I modified it a little though. Instead of having spheres drop in a line to crash into the ground, I used one sphere, a terrain, and 5 boxes for the enclosement. The sphere may be controlled using the WASD keys, and the mouse x movement controls the direction.

Wow, I could so make a game out of this!!!

And here's a download with all the media I used. Every thing I did with textures was done with MOSTLY Gimp for XP, and the detail texture, which never comes out right on terrain, or I don't know how to use it, was done in Texture Maker 3 Advanced, because I was lazy yesterday. But the Gimp is free, so use it, it can probably make a better detail map than what I made, and...IT'S FREEEEEEEE!!!

Enjoy,

MickeyIII

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-29 19:45:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-29 19:45:09