Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / how do I stop the rope in this acting like a bungee rope.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2008 15:04
Hi All

The rope that I am using comes from the demos in ragdoll, what I am looking for is away of stopping it acting like a bungee rope and more like a cord or chain.

Anyone got any idea.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 20:33
I believe I have a solution; DarkPhysics ragdoll feature is broken!

Anyway, if you want my opinion:

You can not scale a 3d mesh which is going to be used as a ragdoll.
DarkPhysics will automatically re-scale it to its original size once a dynamic body is skinned to the mesh using a ragdoll command.

I've expermineted with your code, and the only solution I found which eliminates your "bouncy rope" is to let the rope have its original size.

If you remark line 224
Quote: "for o=200 to 218 : hide object o : next o"
you instantly see the problem!

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 00:05
OK, So how would I go about trying to remake the rope x file.

I have AC3D but it has no x import function. would getting the x y z size of the object give me what I need to know, so that I can make something like it to the size I required.

Other wise it looks like I am going to have scale evey thing up to the scale of the rope.(Boo Ho).

will give what you said a try in knocking out hide object line.

so it look like we may need phy scale object command.

cheers for looking.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 00:52
had an idea that was to re size the limb of object 1, the strange thing is its rotating the limb and not changing the size.

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2008 00:54 Edited at: 30th May 2008 00:59
I think it was Cash Curtis II who wrote a very handy 3D Model viewer.
It has the ability to rescale 3D Models and store the new size values in the file itself. I believe he is converting the X file into a DBO file though.

I will see if I can find his thread where a download is available.

You shouldn't scale everything up. From my personal experience DarkPhysics likes to keep things small. The larger the objects are, the slower they will fall and bounce. But maybe I just code things wrong.

Brb.

Edit,
Here is the model viewer I was talking about [link].

Quote: "had an idea that was to re size the limb of object 1, the strange thing is its rotating the limb and not changing the size."

If you are interested I have made a few posts regarding skinned meshes with ragdoll/joint setup. For starters you can read this post [link] See the links in my post (6th from top).

I allways afraided from a clowns. aww..
sindore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2008 07:45 Edited at: 1st Jun 2008 07:52
If I was going to make a budgie rope I would probable use the new soft body`s or cloth coding. there is a demo of a simple budgie project, in the physic demos file in your dark basic project file.

I`v added a link to my challenge post, be cos I`v made some guns which you don`t need to down load be`cos there guns are coded to dbp, feel free to use them in your games, just give me some credit for them.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130326&b=30

soul sucking devils, twisted body of the damed, slivering slim drips from ever poor, sin licking at your ears, and the smell stinging your eyes, and if you don't like it, get out of my kitchen!....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 20:53:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 20:53:38