Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / sparky \'s dll! help me please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

I have one really difficult question (for me ). I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m create one house model with 3D World Studio and export it to DarkBASIC Pro. Now I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m control camera like it is a player (camera). But how can I create a collision for camera so that it can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t walk throught the wall?! I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' m trying by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"automatic camera collision\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" or \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"set object collision to spheres\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" or something like this. But collision is create on hole object. Please help me! (I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve heard for sparky\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s dll(but i don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know how it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s work), that is why i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'m write in this forum)

DarkBasic Master
Nano brain
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 13:49 Edited at: 8th Jul 2008 07:12
Hello,

Try using the command set object collision on object num on your loaded model. I'm not sure if it works for loaded models. I've never used DBP's collision commands. However, Sparky's does for sure, and you have more control with his dll anyhow. Go here to get Sparky's collision dll. It comes with full help files and an example. It's not too hard to learn. Also, search the forums for past threads on the subject if you need help getting a better understanding of the dll. Or, if at last that does not help, then post a new thread with a specific question.

Good luck.

*EDIT_Didn't notice on posting this that you did use the command I stated above. Hmmm...duh to me.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2008 21:23
The examples that come with Sparky's DLL are very helpful in figuring out how it works. Check them out.

I don't know if it would be easier or not but you might make the character an invisible cube or sphere. That way you can just worry about the object commands, and then just move the camera to where the object moves.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:45:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:45:31