Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Fruity Loops

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 02:42
Hey guys, I'm playing around a bit with the demos of music programs - when it comes to buying I've put myself on a strict budget as I have other tools on my shopping list. Sony's Acid looked good to me, but all the others worked out to be superior. The advantage with Acid is that its got what its got in the demo for £30, but I'm not sure entirely on what restrictions/pieces missing there are on the cheapest version of Fruity Loops (FL Studio Express) the feature comparison makes it sounds like I get the features I need to get boogying. Testing out the demo and following Lucifer's tutorial, I feel much more comfortable in the work flow.

Any comments on this particular version of Fruity Loops? Is it just barebones with no meat? Or is the meat still there, just not in the vastness of the more expensive versions?

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 03:11
If you're going for FL studio, don't buy the cheapest version. The cheapest one sucks harder than a black hole. You will end up craving more, and upgrade anyway. I'm sure Lucifer will preach further details on that.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Lucifer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 05:11 Edited at: 29th Jun 2008 05:29
Flstudio : Fruity edition is great for beginners and people who are new to flstudio. I wouldnt recommend to anyone to buy or even touch the Express edition, because it lacks what makes flstudio so great, the piano roll. Flstudio without the piano roll is nothing, and can not be used for anything. Basicly, the express edition is just shiny buttons that dont work.

So if you're going to use flstudio, get the fruity edition first, then you can always upgrade to producer edition and you are going to want the producer edition when you've used fl for a while. Right now i'm very happy with my producer edition, because i can use the upper part of the playlist, i've completely changed how i set up my songs since i started arranging them inside the upper part of the playlist. I barely use the lower part any more, except i put some of the percussion maybe there..

I'm glad that you liked my tutorial, i'm so lazy when it comes to writing tutorials and stuff i barely ever get any work on it done For example, i was going to make a series of tutorials, chapter by chapter, i've made only 1 of those a long time ago, and i got bored with the idea and decided to stop but i guess i'll get something done some day.

I hope you'll keep on playing with flstudio because it's just so much pleasure working with it.

Your signature has not been erased by a mod... yet...
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 11:33
Whoa, I never thought FL was so expensive ($300 for the full edition)

(Actually, judging by it's name, Fruity Loops, I thought it was just some simple to use, "put-together-a-few-premade-loops-and-call-it-your-own" kind of application and hence never even bothered to check it up. I guess I was wrong there then )

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 12:53
Quote: "I'm glad that you liked my tutorial, i'm so lazy when it comes to writing tutorials and stuff i barely ever get any work on it done For example, i was going to make a series of tutorials, chapter by chapter, i've made only 1 of those a long time ago, and i got bored with the idea and decided to stop but i guess i'll get something done some day."

Haha, you sound a bit like me there with my 3D tutorials.

Well cheers for the points there Lucifer, looks like I'll get the Fruity Edition.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 21:51:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 21:51:20