Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Death of Blue GUI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2008 03:53
Has BlueGUI been discontinued or has it been integrated into TGC website? I tried going to Rob Knights website and there's just some ads on there. I have previously bought BlueGUI some time ago and found it very useful. I'll try and dig out a receipt or something.
Outscape
Years of Service
User Offline
='( i wanted to get it aswell and i couldnt ='(

Creators of Outscape
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
http://www.robertknight.me.uk/blue2/site/

Just go to Orders page and get it *BUT* I would not risk buying it before you contact him. Because it is so damn long he is away he might even probably forgot about BlueGUI completely. Just check whether he is ready to send the registration key or not.

ACER Aspire 5920G: Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, DirectX10, DBPro 6.8
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 02:38
I had to contact him once. It took about three weeks to get a reply. He's there, just not close.

Blue GUI is a nice addon for DBP, not without its issues though. If you are serious about DBP Windows development then check out PureGDK. It allows you to use DBP commands in PureBasic which is a true Windows development programming language. In order to go that route it will cost you about $99 for Purebasic and $60 for PureGDK. It isn't cheap but it's well worth the power you get.

Come see the WIP!
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 04:19
There are also ways to use DBpro with Visual Basic via shared memory. That is the method that I am using for my Character Maker application. It works nicely. Have a search on the forums for more info.

a.k.a WOLF!
MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 14:17
I contacted 'Robert Knight' once a while ago, it didn't sound like there was gong to be any more updates which was ashame as i was working on an addon for BlueGui, although i must say there are plenty of free DLL's out there now which are simular like Arron Millers.

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2008 04:37
I set up a nice version of the shared memory approach between DBP and Purebasic. I had it so that the DBP window auto sized and docked on top of window frame objects named 'DBP'. That made it easy to include 3D viewports on different tabs and such. PureGDK is the perfect thing, though, to take that functionality one step further. Instead of working in two IDEs to make the apps talk I can just do everything in the PB editor.

Come see the WIP!
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 21:03
Hi folks,

I will make an announcement shortly. I am just waiting to hear back from TGC.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 20:10
Hmm. Me no likey the sound of that.

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Omen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 01:31
I hope the announcement includes an update, the last update of BlueGUI was November 2006 and the last response from Robert on a Bug Report was to reject a Feature Request in December 2007

MSon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2008 12:41
yay, Rob's back

Everyone Be Cool, You, Be Cool.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 14:31
Hi Rob, happy to see you here
Waitin' for your announcement ...

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2008 19:41
Hi folks,

As you may have noticed, TGC are no longer selling BlueGUI through their website. I will continue to sell BlueGUI through my own website for the next month or so.

From today, I am making the source code for BlueGUI available to registered users from the BlueGUI website. In about about a month or two I will make it publicly available. Visual Studio 2002 or later is required to build the plugin.

Registered users may modify the plugin and distribute compiled versions of the modified plugin as part of their projects. They may also share any changes with other registered users.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 00:54
Hi Rob,

Sad to see you stop the development of your plugin...
But this choice can make a second breath to your excellent plugin allowing it to evolve more freely

Regard,
Fred
Odyssey-Creators.

Gandalf said: "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Odyssey-Creators - X-Quad Editor - 3DMapEditor
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Sep 2008 21:34
Quote: "From today, I am making the source code for BlueGUI available to registered users from the BlueGUI website. In about about a month or two I will make it publicly available. Visual Studio 2002 or later is required to build the plugin."

Does this mean in order to use the plugin, we must compile it first? Will a compiled version be available? I'm finding that I now need a web browser inside DBP and BlueGUI seems to be the way to go.

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2008 19:27
Quote: "Does this mean in order to use the plugin, we must compile it first? Will a compiled version be available? I'm finding that I now need a web browser inside DBP and BlueGUI seems to be the way to go."

You still get the compiled version so you don't have to compile it.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 20:32
Thanks.

Just to clear, when the source becomes freely available will a compiled version of BlueGUI be free also or do we still have to buy it?

Alfa x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 16:02
Hi,
I'm using bluegui with my team.

There is a way to make it work in DevC++?.

Regards.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:46