Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / [Dark Lights] Objects with multiple images as its texture

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 07:07
I just recently purchased the fpsc model pack 3 which includes alot of great models, but Ive run into one issue trying to use them with Dark Lights. Dark Lights (as far as I can tell) only works with objects that have one image for its texture, unfortunately most of the models in model pack 3 use multiple images for their textures.

So, Ive concluded that I have a couple options (please tell me which would be a better solution)

1.) Cut up each object so that every image has its own limb in the object. (doing this will require alot of work, assuming there already isnt a program that achieves just this)

2.) Merge all images so each object uses only a singe image and then re-apply the textures to the objects. (again, alot of work)

3.) ?

Anyone know if there a program that can do 1 or 2 for me?

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2008 19:27
You could quite easily make a program yourself Put all the images next to each other into a strip, and save it. Then, in DBP, load the object, and for each limb, get the name of the texture using 'get limb texture'. Find out the index of the image in the strip (eg. the first/second/third in the strip) and add it to the horizontal value of the UV data for every vertex in the limb. (For the first image in tge strip, add 0, the second add 1, etc.) For each vertex in the limb, after adding this value, divide the horizontal UV data by the number of images in the strip.

After you have done all this, you can just texture the whole object with the strip and it will (hopefully) look the same as before. Then, save the object out, and you're done.

Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
Curious? CLICK HERE!
Super Nova
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2008 03:17
Ive been thinking of trying to code a program myself to do what I need, but the real problem is there are limbs with multiple textures (I believe your explaination would require 1 image per limb). Also, I figured if someone knows a program thats done the work for me, hey ill just get that

Still looking for more solutions, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:46:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:46:32