Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d Scrolling stars

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making a game similar to captain zero but i cannot figure out how to make a scrolling backdrop. The only ideas i have had are 1) make a huge plain really far away with a star texture on it 2) make the backdrop scroll the usual way. Unfortunately i can't figure out how to do this because i'm not sure how to check what direction the ship is going in. Please help
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2002 23:18
The best way to do it would be to have the plain textured with stars. You're making an 'asteroids' type game, so I'd expect you to have x and y velocities to handle the thrust and lack of friction. You can use these to scroll the plain in x and y accordingly. Actually, you wouldn't need to scroll the plain at all, if done right you can have a huge plain that stretches to the boundaries of where you can go.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:05:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:05:54