Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / [Silenced Studios] Fighting For Freedom

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 19:55 Edited at: 21st Jul 2008 19:57

First Things First

You May Recognise This Game From Its WIP Thread, If So, You Maybe Thinking, Thought They Were Called Tv-XxX Media, Well... We Were, But Decided Allot Of People Weren't Taking Us Seriously, So We Sat Around All Week and Came Up With

"Silenced Studios"

Introduction

This Game Is Based In The United Kingdom, 12 Years In The Future. With Rising Fuel Prices and More Than 80% of The Population Unemployed a Rebellion Is Taking Place.

This Game Is An Online First Person Shooter, You Have The Choice Of Playing As The SAS or The Rebel Forces. For Each Team There Are Three Different Classes, They Are As Follows:

Assualt
Fastest Weapon and Has The Highest BPC (Bullets Per Clip), But It Is Also The Least Powerfull Weapon.

Sniper
Slowest Weapon, But With The Use Of Its Scope, Its an Average Two Shot Kill Machine.

Heavy Weapons
This Is Just For Hurting People, Normally A Three Shot Kill, But It Really Is Just A Violent Weapon.

The Fight For Freedom Has Begun,
What Path Will You Take?

Features To Be Added
- Chat (20% Complete)
- Visable Guns In Other Players (Can Be Done Easilly, But Can't Be Bothered Yet)
- Audio (40% Complete)
- Dynamic Lighting and Shadows (60% Complete)
- Jumping (ARGHHH)

Screenshots

Videos

Still To Be Recorded

Download

Download Fighting For Freedom Here (21 - 07 - 08)

Yours
The Silenced Studio Team

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:41
Looks interesting...

But Stop Typing Like This, Its Hard To Read.
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:31
Sorry XD

I've Typed Like This For 6 Years, Dont Think I Can Stop It.

Yours Tv.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 03:46
Looks pretty cool. But i said in your wip post you should make new more original weapons. But it still looks really good.
Scythe cs3
Years of Service
User Offline
Theres going to be an updated version of the map released at some point of the day so make sure you get hold of that.

Also were looking to get some feedback on character movements, recoil, the maps, etc. We know that none of these are perfect at the moment but with your feedback we can improve them to make the game more enjoyable.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 17:16
I played the game for about 20 minutes last night with my brother over a LAN. Here is my C & C.

The movement is very jerky.
The gun moving sideways when you where just walking was also a little sudden. maybe try to make it smoother.
Overall the map is very dark. There are almost too many places to hide.
From an artist perspective the HUD and Gui is a little bit cartoony. Maybe you just make some of the colors not so bright. It doesn't really fit in the game environment.
What is that blue stuff coming out of the ground?
Overall everything seemed to work good. It looks like you are using Multisync. That is a lot better IMO then native DBP multiplayer commands.

Overall Good Job
Scythe cs3
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the feedback, I felt that the movement and inparticular the strafing speed was a bit off. As for the lighting in the map, ive updated the map and added alot more lights, this was again something that myself and Tv felt was off. The map will be on here during the course of the day.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 17:22
Firstly Cheers,

The Blue Stuff Is Particles, You Go Back There To Recieve Full ammo and Health.

As For The Movement, We Are Still Refining The Server Movement (God Damn Trig Lol), We Are Currently Adding Dynamic Lighting and Shadows.

and Yer Its Multsync

Yours Tv.

Scythe cs3
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, do heres the map update, all you gotta do is replace the existing folder and run the server. Feedback on the new lighting etc would be welcome

http://rapidshare.com/files/130466781/Map_Update.zip.html

Scythe

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 18:14
can I make a few other suggestions after playing it some more.

On the scoreboard label everything like Name,Kills, or whatever else. That makes it a ton easier to read.
This level is really linear. Sniper is worthless on this map.
Sniper scope zooms in to far. Maybe allow the player to choose how much zoom he wants. So like have it start out x2 then when you use the scroll wheel zoom is x4 and so in. Like in Halo. But the sniper was nearly impossible to use right now.
Now I know what the blue particles are. Thanks.
Also try to make iron sights. That would be pretty awesome.

Good luck
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2008 18:21
Hi Vorg1 ,

Cheers For The Feedback

Its Quiet Wierd That Most Of The Things You've Suggested Are Being (Or Have Been) Done I'm Currently Finishing Off Media Encryption, Dynamic Lights and Shadows, and Scroll Zoom.

and DOn't Worry There WILL Be More Maps, Just Getting It 100% on One Map, Then We Can Add A Few More.

Cheers Again

Tv.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 03:12
No problem. I am working on Multiplayer FPS myself using multisync. It is more a futuristic Urban fps like Killzone. But seeing what you have done puts mine to shame. It is definitly a good start if anything.

If you guys would like any help with any sort of art or media a would be willing to take a break from my project to work on yours. I have 3ds Max 9 and Photoshop CS3. A sample of one of my gun models is attached. It is the standard assault rifle in my game.(the only gun right now)

Keep it up. I like it so far.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2008 17:17
Nice Model Vorg1, Very Killzone

and As You Say We Need Our Own Gun Models, So If Your Willing To We Would Love To See What You Can Do. Attached Is A Txt File With The Guns We Are Thinking Of Modelling.

Yours Tv.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2008 04:11 Edited at: 20th Jul 2008 04:12
Cool. I'd love to.
DO you want the iron sights as png?
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2008 19:59
New Download In First Post.

and Vorg1, I Added Your Msn Address, If The One On Your Profile Is Correct, Else Add Mine ( tv-x-x-x@hotmail.com )

Cheers

Tv.

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 18:09
Hey Tv Xxx I've got some of the base meshes finished. I gotten really busy . But some bad news is that I am leaving this afternoon on a 3 week vacation to England and Scotland so I won't be able to work on any of the models. When I get back I'll try to finish a few of them and send them to you if that is alright.

Sorry for the inconvience.

Vorg
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 18:14
No Problem,

Thanks for the update, and tbh, I've been working on my physx competition entry, so it's ok

n I'm from england, you might walk past me in the street and we'd never know lol.

have a nice holiday.

Tv

Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2008 00:48 Edited at: 1st Aug 2008 00:50
O wow You never know.

thanks
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 14:45
the mouse is way too sensitive, I can't play
and what about sound?

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 22:49
In The Next Release There'll Be More Options To Do With Mouse and controls ect...

and sound is still being recorded

Yours Tv.

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 15:44
For networking you could use MikeNet instead since it is designed for fast paced games like these. That might help with the jerkiness if that is still an issue.
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 16:20
Yer I Was Looking At Your Dll Michael, It Was Nice But I'm Also Thinking About COnverting From DBPro To DarkGDK, Then Possibly Making It Open Source (using The GL Thing), So Is Your Dll DarkGDK Compatable?

Yours Tv.

Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 16:58
it says:
Quote: "DarkBASIC Pro or C++."

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 17:23
Oups XD I Should Learn To Read XD

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 20:51 Edited at: 30th Aug 2008 20:59
Converting MikeNet code from DBP to DGDK is very easy. To demonstrate, here is an example conversion of the cube world demo:

DBP Client Code

C++ Client Code
322Gunna
Years of Service
User Offline
does anyone play this game? ive had games where no one is ever on
Vorg1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 06:38 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2008 06:39
Hey TV-Xxx I have to apologize for the delay. I have got schooling starting again and have a part time job so haven't had a lot of time to work on any of your models. Also one of my friends has decided to help with my game and we are trying to get it playable by Oct 1 so we can bring it to a the local LAN party to play. I apologize for the inconvenience. If I get time I'll try to work on them. Sorry.

Good Luck on F4F.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 02:36:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 02:36:31