Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / [STICKY] TGC Comp: Participant Model Database

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 20:48
Hi guys,

As you all know the 3D competitions run on this board allow users to create a 3D model and present it. The winner of the most votes gets to then choose the next competition.

It's not mandatory that participants post their work for free download, but I decided to create this thread for participants to donate there models to other users if they choose. If not, that's perfectly fine, as I understand the motivation for the competition, is also to get users to make some 3D stuff for their own personal projects.

If enough users post their:
-attached file(.X,.3ds, .dbo) Must be: zipped or rar.
-and a screenshot(make two posts if necessary)

I'll categorize them here so everyone can download them who wants. Please state in a readme.txt if you want downloader's to give you credit for use of your model, etc.

Together we can build up a quality database of models.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 22:58 Edited at: 16th Jul 2008 22:59
Great idea Mike ^^.

Download includes:
Textures (.jpg/.xcf)
Spaceship.x
Normalmap.fx
Spaceship.blend

This is a random sentence about squirrels.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2008 23:00
Very cool idea! Will post all my coming compo entries in here!

Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 00:15
Methinks a sticky be needed here.

[/pirateyvoice]

I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are in alphabetical order, like they should be.
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 05:09
Kind of sparked a cool idea. It'd be great if someone made a website where people would upload any free media they had. The website would determine what type of media it was based on it's extension, perform a virus scan, then attempt to open the media with a supporting program to ensure it isn't corrupt or fake. Then to add to security there could be moderators that can go through popular media and test them personally to ensure safety and give it a "moderator-tested" signature, and also a user-rating / commenting system to add even more support / information on the media. Uploaders could either upload media anonymously or create an account to give them access to download information and other perks. Ads would be able to pay for the site from all the traffic coming in every day from uploaders, downloaders and moderators. And forums could be added or some other attraction to increase the visitings.

I think this could be a really good idea... might look into it myself later in the year.

Osiris
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2008 07:29
Maybe the TGC could create such a page, and have volunteer mods look into it, kinda like FPSC mods, specific to their board.

RIP Max-Tuesday, November 2 2007
You will be dearly missed.
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
i drop mine off after this compo although since theres was no restrictions the poly count may still be quite high

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2008 18:01 Edited at: 26th Aug 2020 21:03

Attachments

wind27382
Years of Service
User Offline
I would love it if you could donate some space for 3d models. I have alot of things that I would love to share. In fact I read an article where it gave some inspiration on improving artistic abilit and basicly i'm trying to create a great model everyweek. and sometimes 2 or 3. so I will be having lots of things to give. including low poly and high poly models. and even textures.

wind
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 22:23
Ah this is just awesome Ive been always tought if those models were just for download.. Now this kind of ligthenned me and i may become more active in challenges!!

Omega gamer 89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2008 22:34 Edited at: 26th Aug 2020 21:03
dragon assasin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2008 08:29 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2008 00:56
Well i am Giving away my plasma genorator free at turbosquid LINK

Update: Turbo squid aproved it as a game ready asset and i saved it in .x just for you guys

warning i cant spell
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 22:29 Edited at: 13th Oct 2008 22:30
opps i forgot too upload redeemed

too make up fot it heres ## rose ## my entry from the character compo

she is 8k+ poly with a limited walk animation.

well here you go ppl enjoy ,

she is uv mapped but in my way so you might find it confusing lol

.3ds
.obj

EULA???
there is no EULA!!!

note/// the textures are gone because i found them embarrsing

on a note//// this is not my version of rose, , i created a fully rigged version with full animations and attack moves i also finished her uv map properly so she looks great, her death is ike the one of the hellboy II with the elemental fight

##//// ask if other fomats are needed

cheers cb

We're also into educating people about the consequences of piracy, We're teaching them how to do it...

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:05:42