Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DarkBasic Pro!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone, im new here!!

I wanna know if DarkBasic is easy to learn if you have no programming knowledge at all? I already own dark basic but im yet to learn it at all due to being busy with my college work. I have since heard about dbp now should I upgrade now or just learn db and upgrade later? Will I be able to learn dbp without any programming knowledge?

I hope someone can help me!!
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 01:27
Yes, DarkBasic is very easy to learn. You can learn all the programming knowledge you need by using it. It has a very nice interpreter-style interface that lets you change code easily and test it. You need to learn the basics of programming first, print, if...then statements and loops. Then you can start 2d and 3d graphics programming.

I'm not speaking from experience, I had 5 years of programming experience under my belt by the time I started DB. I used GWBasic and QBasic and had to do all the 3d graphics the hard way .
TheCyborg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2002 12:54
The word BASIC says it all. All programming languages (or those i know) including this word is very simple to leran.
Before I heard about DB I had a year of programming experience with Visual Basic.

If you are planning to upgrade to DBPro, then just upgrade now because DBPro is almost the same as DB, but only faster.

I think the best way to learn DB is throught Tutorials and/or code snippets.

If your are absolutely new to DB. Take a look at "The Book" at http://www.dbheaven.com.

TheCyborg Development.
http://TheCyborg.Amok.dk
The Ultimate Source To DarkBASIC Programming.
djrush2002
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers guys! I'll get right on it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 14:51:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 14:51:47