Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / A Moment to Think [New Song]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 20:49
Hey guys. I have created a new song called "A Moment to Think."

As always, you may use these in any project you like. If you want, you can give me credit.

And please comment! I need some critisism!!!!!!

Hmmm, I see something, something great! I see METAL RUNNER! Rising to METAL RUNNER 2! With more detailed maps! Maps that have switches, cinematics, enhanced gaming tactics! The future, is near.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 10:42
Well, first off, the sounds at the beginning sound like they end too abruptly.
As you get further into the song, this seems to get better (might just be an illusion due to other instruments "covering" up the abrupt noteOff's).

Also, the short percussion intermezzo between the intro and the next part of the song doesn't quite seem to belong there.
After that I must say that it got very good; you've got a nice melodic touch to it as well (especially considering that the song only have two chords).
It also has an end, something you've got to admire around here - most posted songs don't (mostly because they're loops, of course, but still - it's always nice with an intro and an outro ).

If I were to suggest you to do something more on this, I would say that you should try to get the stringssound + piano in the beginning to blend into one another a bit better (longer attack- and release envelopes). Of course, it would also be nice to hear a longer version of this one, mayhap employing a few more chords.

That said, this song is most definately good in my opinion.
Keep it up

"I kören hörs de brummande busarna Björnligan och Gondolen"
Pheonix Fire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2008 14:54
@ Rudolph

Thanks! And, I did take your other suggestions, to make it more melodic. Thanks for responding!

Quote: "Well, first off, the sounds at the beginning sound like they end too abruptly.
As you get further into the song, this seems to get better (might just be an illusion due to other instruments "covering" up the abrupt noteOff's).

Also, the short percussion intermezzo between the intro and the next part of the song doesn't quite seem to belong there.
After that I must say that it got very good; you've got a nice melodic touch to it as well (especially considering that the song only have two chords).
It also has an end, something you've got to admire around here - most posted songs don't (mostly because they're loops, of course, but still - it's always nice with an intro and an outro ).

If I were to suggest you to do something more on this, I would say that you should try to get the stringssound + piano in the beginning to blend into one another a bit better (longer attack- and release envelopes). Of course, it would also be nice to hear a longer version of this one, mayhap employing a few more chords.

That said, this song is most definately good in my opinion.
Keep it up "

Hmmm, I see something, something great! I see METAL RUNNER! Rising to METAL RUNNER 2! With more detailed maps! Maps that have switches, cinematics, enhanced gaming tactics! The future, is near.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 08:54:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 08:54:44