Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Small/Simple Tic-Tac-Toe Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 00:31
My nease was over here yesterday and was mad that I hadn't made her a Tic-Tac-Toe game last time she was over (She's only 8 or 9). So, I created a Tic-Tac-Toe game (2-player, not you versus computer) in a little less than 3 or 4 hours (Testing + Graphics + Constant Ridicule of my nease slowed down the progress, would've been able to make it quicker if I wasn't constantly leaving the room to do something else).

Anyways, it's tic-tac-toe, should be easy enough to understand. Place an X, then the other person places an O, then you place an X, then the other person an O, until someone gets 3 Xs or Os in a row OR it's a cats game (all the cells (where the Xs and Os go) are filled) - which means a tie.

Nothing special just figured I'd share it with you guys.

Cheers,

-naota

I'm not a dictator to those that do stuff for me by will. Only those who don't.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 00:35 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2008 00:37
And here's a screenshot.

Cheers,

-naota

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2008 14:49
It looks very nice. Shouldn't you make the Xs and Os bigger and have them centre on their tiles when placed?

Have you thought about versus computer? I made a computer AI that is unbeatable but I don't think I went about it in a good way. I also have the theory for a level easy AI. But still, have you given this much thought or are you not planning to implement this in your game?

over and out
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 00:17
I made this game for my nease. Centering them would add more time to completing the game (I'd have to check coordinates as the tiles aren't actually even) and she didn't want to play the game alone (Even if a computer was involved) so I made it as simple as possible. All the graphics involved were also of her choosing so I'm keeping this game as-is since she's the one who actually designed it -- I only developed it.

Thank you for your input though, it is much appreciated.

Cheers,

-naota

sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 01:45
Well, I think it is a good product of a nice idea.

And where did the graphics come from?

...oh, what about exploding particles when the player puts down a counter? Sory, lol, just an idea...

over and out
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2008 22:58
I made the graphics my self. 3 of the background images I took from the fractal page of wikipedia, everything else I made in GIMP and MS Paint.

Cheers,

-naota

sinisterstuf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2008 00:11
Oh cool. Well at www.freeprogrammingresources.com you can get a fractal generator. It's pretty cool, you change the shapes, colours, symmetry and things and the you can save the output image or make a video of it zooming or something. There's plenty of other great stuff there too, just incase you'r interested.

cheers
sinisterstuf

over and out
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2008 02:44
Oh that's interesting, I'll have a look. Usually I only go over there for random development apps such as IDEs or different C++ compilers, heh.

Cheers,

-naota

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:44:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:44:38