Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Scripting Engine Plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 01:03
Hullo all.

I've created a scripting language called Aex.Uni Scripting Language (Yes, it's a very creative name indeed). Anyways, I decided to make a DBPro plugin for this relatively simple scripting language (In two senses). So, here it is.

Now note, I made this scripting language in 2 days. I didn't make it in some language with simple string management. I made it in C++ (It has a string class, and I created several string classes, but I decided against using either of those and handled the string pointers directly). So for 2 days work I think it's pretty good, and it is complete (Exactly where I want it to be).

Here are several example scripts to see what the language is like:

test1.ac

test2.ac

test3.ac

test4.ac

test5.ac

init.ac For DBPro

main.ac For DBPro

The download is attached.

Cheers,

-naota

I'm not a dictator to those that do stuff for me by will. Only those who don't.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2008 15:38
Awesome, downloading now.

"Experience never provides its judgments with true or strict universality; but only (through induction) with assumed and comparative universality." - Immanuel Kant
Anonymous User
Years of Service
User Offline
*shudders at the complicated mess of assembly code that would have to be used*

???
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 02:45
Quote: "*shudders at the complicated mess of assembly code that would have to be used*"

Yeah I can see why you'd say that. When I started "designing" (and by that I mean building without hesitation) the "language" I didn't quite think about math parsers or proper IF statements. Rather just a large series of straight commands that would control states. Then I realized that math parsers and logic processing are definitely required for such a thing, and it turned out to be an ASM-styled scripting language.

From what I can gather it's no worse than the original FPSC scripting language though.

Some people might find a use for it, others probably not. I'm posting it for those who may find a use for it.

Cheers,

-naota

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
very cool stuff as always Aaron. ill probably mess around with this tomorrow.I do not want to hijack this thread or anything but ive been absent from the forums for a very long time are you still updating your windows Gui plugin? I don't know if you remember but im still using it in the Gamescape project and i was curious if there was any updates.

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2008 17:54
Looks really cool Aaron. Good job

Don't you just hate that Zotoaster guy?
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 01:56
@The ARRAYinator
There's been one update in the past (month?) and I was planning on releasing another one soon.

Cheers,

-naota

Torrey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2008 16:28
That's an awesome and insanely easy scripting language. I kind of like the simplicity of it compared to LUA or GameMonkey.

How much of the DBPro commands did you open up to users? They threw a stink when I started allowing access to their API, so I had to cut back with the DarkScript stuff.

The ARRAYinator
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@The ARRAYinator
There's been one update in the past (month?) and I was planning on releasing another one soon."

awesome ill have to check that out unbelievably i think its been more like a year now. On another note nice scripting language ive only had a few minutes to play with the examples and stuff but didn't take long to figure out at all. keep up the good work!

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2008 01:52
@Torrey
You can use any command. All you have to do is program for it (Allowing all of the commands to be processed internally would slow it down by a large amount (Could end up having 1500 redundant checks before the actual "action" (command) is found). You just have to process it through your own code - some commands were added in the example (make object cube, make object sphere, etc).

@everyone
Thanks. I'm gonna try to work very hard and rebuild the language to support REAL math expressions and non-number-based labels (But that's about it -- one step at a time ).

Cheers,

-naota

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 10:54:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 10:54:21