Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Question about collision detection

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, and sorry to fill the forum with nub posts. I'm currently working on learning the basics (in DarkGDK), starting with sprites and 2D programming. I'm at the point now where I need to figure out collision detection.. how do I do it? I recall reading a post implying that there was some type of detection system built into DarkGDK. If that is the case, how do you use it?

Anyway, code snippets or links to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated, and that you all for your help so far!
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 19:42
Have a look at dbSpriteHit() and dbSpriteCollision(). Of course, these are valid for testing if the rectangular area of a sprite intersect. If you're looking for pixel perfect collision you'll need to do your own programming.

You might be interested in taking a look at the Dark GDK forum. I believe there was a discussion regarding this a while back.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 21:18:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 21:18:00