Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Codeing 2d game, kinda new to codeing, could use some advice

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ello, I'm here to ask for some advice because i'm pretty new to coding applications and software and games and the sort, but I am certainly instrested. I want to code a 2d game that runs in a browser that is an mmog, and i'm not sure what code to use and I can't find a good guide to help me so i'll tell youa bit about the game i want to make. You get to play as president of your own country, you have to buy stuff for your people and build businesses and raise your army and fight other people and their nations. That's the simple ideal . Now, I need some help. Should I code this in java, javascript, or flash, and do you happen to know a place to find a guide to teach me and help me out? I would appreciate it. Thanks,
J

*yawn* I'll find a good sig later.
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2008 14:32
First thing - Do not start out with an mmo game. Specifically online games in general. Really. Start out with a little maze game or pong. It may not be as fun to make but it is heavily worth it.

Favorite Quote: Dramatized code? Code Drama!

The Programmer Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not completely new, I said kinda new. I was halfway through makeing an mmorpg when i changed my mind, and i've made a few 2d games just to learn, and i have a basic grasp of how to code with most languages, I just don't know which I should use.

http://www.verdiem.com/edison/
Go there, save money, save power, and help save the environment.
Ed222
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2008 03:14
Quote: "I'm not completely new, I said kinda new"

no you said
Quote: "I'm here to ask for some advice because i'm pretty new to coding applications and software and games "

fhtughryf
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I think you should use darkbasic pro

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:27:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:27:26