Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / BlueGUI Future - End of development/support and source code release

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 01:30
(This is re-posted from the 'Death of BlueGUI' thread in case others miss it there)

Hi folks,

As you may have noticed, TGC are no longer selling BlueGUI through their website. I will continue to sell BlueGUI through my own website for the next month or so.

From today, I am making the source code for BlueGUI available to registered users from the BlueGUI website. In about about a month or two I will make it publicly available. Visual Studio 2002 or later is required to build the plugin.

Registered users may modify the plugin and distribute compiled versions of the modified plugin as part of their projects. They may also share any changes with other registered users.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 03:18
I knew it.

Well... this could be a good thing, or a bad thing. It all depends on if someone will take up the challenge and continue supporting it for others.

Good luck RobK in your other endeavors!

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
James H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 12:12
Hi, was just wondering, whats the reason behind TGC not selling this anymore?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 15:20
I'd guess it's because Rob doesn't want to continue supporting it any more. Darned nice of him to release the code though - Cheers Rob

Pixel Paint
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 17:07 Edited at: 19th Aug 2008 15:13
Will we actually be able to "give" the plugin to other people? I know someone who might eventually buy DBPro, and BlueGUI is one of the best plugins.

Edit: Never mind. I read it wrong.
dark donkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Aw man. That sucks. Its a extreemly nice plugin and worth the money. But man if you would have told us that it was going to be released free i probly wouldent have bought it at the. Is there any actual reason for the disbanding BlueGui?. Or are you just fed up of the development.

Allthough most people will benefit from the opensource approach. Is there any refund for people who bought it in the last year or something. I totally understand if there isnt.
Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 19:33
I would guess no on the refund, would you refund hundreds of people $20 at a time?

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2008 14:58
> Is there any refund for people who bought it in the last year or something. I totally understand if there isnt.

No, I'm afraid not. This is only $20 after all and I'm not taking anything away from you.

BlueGUI Windows Plugin
Ian G
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2008 20:02
Is anyone else having trouble downloading the source code for the plugin? Whenever I download the zip, it downloads 20 megs and stops, resulting in a corrupt file with nothing in it.
Mnemonix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2008 02:58
Wow Rob K is still about

BlueGUI has been out for nearly 5 years now to my reckoning so I think it has run its time as a commercial project, I hope he made something out of it

It will be good to have a tinker with the source code at some point

TheSturgeon(playing me at chess) : I will use my powers of the horse and pwnzor you.
freight hopper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2008 19:48
I also am saddened to hear this. Have used it much and am indebted to you.

When the Smithsonian builds their new History of Gaming exhibit. I hope you will be represented there with a plaque that reads, "Rob K, the Father of GUI/game integration".

I am too dumb and would only profane the source code. Perhaps a coterie of crack forum members could carry this fine work on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:37:53
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:37:53