Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Help, I can't run Dark Basic games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm not a Dark Basic user, but I just downloaded a game made with Dark Basic (Atic Atac) and find out that I can't run it. Later I downloaded LightCycles from the showcase page and got the same error, so, it looks to be a Dark Basic issue and so, I'm asking for support here.

Error message is:

System Error: ERROR 165.D3D Devices do not support backbuffer bit-depth and HW Acceleration

Hardware is:
P3@500 Mhz w/512 MbRAM
Creative Blaster (NVIDIA TNT2)

OS is:
Win2000 pro
IE6
DirectX 8.1 (Direct X diag tool reports 100% ok, I'll post complete diags on request)

Please, someone help me on this, I really want to play that game...

TIA
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 03:36
wierd, I have a similar setup to yours, close CPU and same 3D card... maybe it's a Win2k problem?

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net
vasco
Years of Service
User Offline
Solved!

It was a driver problem, I was using M$ drivers (I'm not counting FPS in UT anymore).
I just downloaded the drivers from the nvidia site and it's ok now.

I guess that it sould be some function (backbuffer bit-depth and HW Acceleration ?????) that M$ drivers do not support.

Thank you all, sorry to bother you.

DB looks to be a VERY good tool as the game I was trying to play (Atic Atac) is very, very good...

--
vasco
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2002 14:43
Funny, I've never heard of the game, but DB is good, and DarkBASIC Pro is far better!

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Get the DB Weekly Newsletter at www.dbwn.cjb.net

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:00:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:00:25