Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Drugs Kill (Released)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Sep 2008 23:11
It's finally here! Drugs Kill is complete!

Story: Where I lived, drugs were used by everyone... And I mean stuff like crack, weed and ecstasy. I never really got into that stuff, it's a good thing to. Look where I am now, running away from... From... I have no idea what I am running away from, all I know is that I better keep running. I guess it's better than being one of them. Apparently a new and "improved" drug was being sold by dealers, it started about three months ago. It changed people... It mutated people. I guess that's what they deserved, all of them. My parents always told me drugs kill...

Cover:

Screens:

I would like to thank Nathan L. and Doctor Parsnips for making this game possible!

THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD: http://files.filefront.com/Drugs+Killzip/;11742771;/fileinfo.html

GregE
Years of Service
User Offline
Sweet!
SKELITOR
Years of Service
User Offline
Ill give this a play asap.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it violated the AUP.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 00:52
Thanks, I hope you like it.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 01:12
Here is a small hint to anyone who needs it: In level three, there is a room with a door that has what looks like a blue light on the wall. It was actually supposed to be a lock\alarm system thing. So if you shoot it, the door will open.

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 01:31 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 01:54
Man you didnt need to give credit to me, i did nothing but ofer advice really! Well done man! feels good to have a game under your belt doesnt it! nice work!

EDIT: Just finished playing! nice work! im glad you got him to work in the end, send me an email, i have an improved version for you, better animations etc... If you want it that is?

HMMMMMMM
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Haven't finished, but there could have been some more health and ammo. Will continue with crit when done..
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 02:15
@Dr Parsnips, Will do. I am glad that you liked it.

Quote: "Haven't finished, but there could have been some more health and ammo. Will continue with crit when done.. "
Well, I wanted the game to be realistic, so no health packs. About the ammo, in real life, people don't carry around bundles of ammo.

Let's see if anyone can figure this out. In the third level, by the subway, there is something that you have to shoot, it will unlock a secret room. don't tell what is in the room if you find it.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 03:04
I can't download this until tomorrow (connection sucks here) but I will. I really like the first screen shot. Everything in it is familiar, but it has great character. It grabs your attention and makes you check out every nook and cranny. It has a wonderful play of light and shadow, making you wonder what is here, or behind that there. If it were a photo in a contest, it would certainly fair well. Anyone who can create such atmosphere will make a great adventure.

I'm afraid that my early models don't do your game justice. I am tempted to make a better subway car for you. Time permitting, I'll work on it tomorrow. I'll get back to you after I play it.

Best.

Adriano jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 03:21
downloading now and gonna play it ASAP.

I took a look outside, and Nickydude was pointing a pistol at my head.
Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 03:53
Looks very good

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3228/fuzzbanneror1.jpg
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
downloading now...

Project: "Walls" !!!NEED TESTERS FOR WALLS!!!
For FPSC content and more visit: http://www.freewebs.com/supergames-website/
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 13:54
I'm glad everyone things this looks good.

maikyy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 15:53 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 15:55
lol was that supposed to be an secret room??
and why does teh bikinigirl doesn't die?
oeps lol i had an image of the secret room in here but i have deleted itXD
and what about the roof in level 5????
i keep dying when i open the door, there is standing an guy with my shotgun and keeps killing me with one shot

he does'nt die either even with the sniper he doesn't die
if that is the end of the game: i think it needs much improvement becuz it is very bad now
but for the rest of the game, it is a very good game and i enjoyed playing it

sorry for my bad english (i am dutch)
Dark Jaguar Flame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 16:51
Woow this is great

natu38
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 18:51
when you say Nathan L do you mean me ? only im also Nathan L
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 19:11
R-right... I`m Nathan l...
Lol, funny coincidence?

Also I was working on level four...

No doubt'fully the simon cowell of the fpsc section :S
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 20:23 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 20:23
That was impressive Darimc. The level design was good as was the lighting. I've always stated that you shouldn't fill a room up with 'stuff' just for the sake of it but you've done a great job of it. I was particularly impressed with the train tunnel and it took me a while to figure out how to continue.

There are a couple of small, nitpicky things:

Flickering paper overlays: right click on them then ever so quickly tap the 'Page Up' key, that will move them up and stop them merging with the floor.

Soda Cans: There are some soda cans that are half buried in the ground (unless you wanted them that way.)

Health Loss: I think it's at the beginning of the second level, as soon as you move you lose health, or in some cases die (both happened to me). You may want to either move the start marker or have a health pick up right their.

Over all a pretty good game (which I haven't finished) which made me want to play again after I died.

Well done.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 21:22
I'm glad that you guys like it. And by Nathan L, I mean LT Tatters. I will try to release a patch, with maybe a little more health, a better lock than the blue light and a less strong boss.

SKELITOR
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm could of been better to be honest.

I liked how smooth and fluid the gameplay was (very little lag) and allot of the level design was top.

However the game failed a bit on the atmosphere most of the scares relied on the creatures coming forth from the darkness which was alright but realy you could of put in some creepy screams or moans to make the player jump at the right moment but the mutants are pretty much silent until you kill them.
Allot of basic fpsc ambient noises including the loading music ,the mutant final moan and the general music that plays in the bg could of been changed or gotten rid of to add to the atmosphere.

Also something else that seems to happen in this game is the classic zombie kill u from behind a door thing I really am not fond of this as it isn't scary its just annoying.

I liked the way you gave the player so little health and ammo I found it realistic and added some tension to the game and there was some good object placement and lighting however all in all the game wasn't really very scary which was a shame I was looking forward to this one.

Sorry Im probably sounding a bit harsh but I have to be honest.

One more thing though how did u make everything so fast and fluid in my game Ive had to have ultra short levels to cut down on lag and even in a few of those levels it lags to hell the moment I create a room on another level.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it violated the AUP.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 21:58
Yes, it was the sounds that let it down a bit, as SKELTOR said it would have been better had you spent some time working on the sound.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 22:25 Edited at: 10th Sep 2008 22:26
I didn't play the whole game through, but although a little buggy as Nickydude mentioned, I found it fun and entertaining.

I decided to see what Ertlov's bloom method would look like on this and it looked great! Here's some before and after shots...

I really like how it boosts contrast.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 23:20
Thanks for the honest opinions guys. I would have spent more time on it, but I wanted it out by July and I didn't make that deadline, so it was kind of rushed in the end. I hope you like the Drugs Kill Episodes more (Yes, I just leaked info).

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 23:21
I am really sorry for the double post, but I am on post mod so I can't edit.

@Nickydude, it my post mod for ten days? Because it has already been eight and I am still on post mod. Just wondering.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice one, Aaron G.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2008 23:51
Quote: "@Nickydude, it my post mod for ten days? Because it has already been eight and I am still on post mod. Just wondering."

4 more days to go.

Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 00:16
I made it to the train station and died lol.

But the game was really fun and the level design was excellent, I give it a 9/10.

:::::The Alteration Network:::::
--------------TBA---------------
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Congrats darimc, your indoor scenes rock.
talk later

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 13:36
Thanks guys, this was my first real release of a game, so I am glad that you like it. I will be releasing the episodes one at a time. Most will only contain one or two levels. So you won't have to wait so long for each one.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2008 18:20
Quote: "I'm glad that you guys like it. And by Nathan L, I mean LT Tatters. I will try to release a patch, with maybe a little more health, a better lock than the blue light and a less strong boss."

Yeah... and get that custom media in level 2... I noticed some of it was missing making it harder to go up the boxes, into the wierd corridor without a door and only a vent door *hint**hint*.
or either push the boxes backwards, but that either wont explain why the floor is missing...

Also I must admit some of it is hard(lol... ), and the zombies were repetetive... alot...(add some more mp4 zombies in there.) >_<

Also I cant remember now, but I think we should also replace the sounds aswell, for the weapons of course, they dont fit in right... Thats why... I've gone and found some that are free to use(so you know...)
and also add more of a ambience to it... basicly, a small edit to it...

(ps? how long did compiling take?(maxiumum I had for a five level game was 5... ... ... >_<. )

No doubt'fully the simon cowell of the fpsc section :S
XVM GunDown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2008 00:22
Wow! This looks great! Can't wait to download!

Quake is by far the best FPS series followed by doom.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 19:36
BUMP!

Compiling took about 25-30 minutes.

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2008 21:33
Quote: "Compiling took about 25-30 minutes."

you're kidding me right?
... ... takes me over hours...

[B]"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers[/b]
dudemanking
Years of Service
User Offline
cant use it for some reason i click on link and what it shows me doesnt have anythin to do

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )Im listenin to Shake it by Metro Station right now
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 20:11
Hey, I was wondering if a mod could put this in the showcase section? It is finished and there will be no more modifications

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 22:17
We probably could, but the game doesn't seem to be on FileFront any longer, provide a correct link and we'll move it over.

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2009 22:56
Ok.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 22:20:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 22:20:07