Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / A Quick Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Could anyone create me a 256x256 image of the following design if possible? (see attached). I would do it myself but to say my "paint" skills are poor is an understatement!

It would need the red to go have faded completely to full alpha in the 64 pixel space, not more or less

Sorry for any hassle, hope you can help.

P.S. If this is against forum rules then lock/delete. I don't think it is?

Thank you!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 02:33
Is this one okay? I tried to make the curve cover the whole bottom-right corner but the gradients didn't line up for some reason, so I had to settle for this.

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 02:35
This one is probably closer to what you want, but as you can see the curve doesn't line up. If these really won't work, I can keep experimenting and try to get them to line up.

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2008 17:16
Not sure I fully understood your request, but this is what I think you are aiming for..

Cheers

Attachments

Xlaydos
Years of Service
User Offline
David that is almost exactly what i want, however the gradient does not quite fade out the same in both directions, it takes slightly longer to fade out heading to the top left corner rather then the bottom right. I need the same or it won't line up... If i tell you what i am trying to do, then maybe it will be clearer. I am trying to create an outline of my game playing area using fading red lines, (see attached picture*) using 8 plains, 4 corners and 4 sides. I need two 256x256 textures which will line up when textured onto these plains. The corner plain dimensions are 2Wx2W and the sides are WxL. Hope this is helpful, if it is still unclear then post any querys

Bmac thanks for trying anyway but i need it to line up.

Thanks again guys

*The rotation on the corner pieces is not quite right yet!

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 04:34 Edited at: 23rd Sep 2008 04:39
Ok, I micro analized the image I made, the red gradient was like 132 pixels wide and not quite placed right.. I redid it and the closest I could/can make it is 127 pixels wide and I think I got the placement right this time. Try it and let me know if it's a better fit.

Cheers!

Attachments

Xlaydos
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats perfect, thank you very much! David Gervais i have one other small ask if its not too much trouble! Could you make a higher resolution version (256x256) of the texture used on this cube:

I found it on the 3D Graphics Buffet thread. I would only need 1 face though, rather then 6 on the texture. If you could "mark" the main coloured pixels with a slightly lower alpha value so i could alter the colour using memblocks that would be great, although this is not essential. Don't feel obliged to do this, you've already helped me greatly.

Thanks again.
David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 23:42
Not quite sure what you meant,.. I made this.. the white part is 95% opaque. or has 5% alpha. is this what you meant?

Cheers!

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 23:49
I made a 'frame' version with the center part 100% alpha, in case that helps..

Attachments

David Gervais
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 23:51 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 23:52
and, one more,.. this one has the white part at 90% (10% alpha transparent) in case you need a wider margin for the memblock mapping.

Cheers!

Attachments

Xlaydos
Years of Service
User Offline
That's perfect, thanks you so much.

I owe you one

Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 20:17:21
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 20:17:21