Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Iso Diamond & Staggered map

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 06:01 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 01:10
I am trying to convert the principles in "Isometric Game Programming with DirectX 7.0" to DBpro.

Just in case there is anyone interested... figured I would post some code examples as I go. I'll update as I go along, but not making too many promises as I never seem to finish things.

Anyways, Just place my horrible-NON-seamless ground tile (which actually helps in illustrating this example ) in a project folder with the following even More-Horrible code. Then press the [Space Bar] to flip between Diamond and Staggered map plotting. It also overlays the x,y Map-coordinates so you can see the different directions of the X and Y planes.

EDIT:changed to .png file as photobucket seems to autuomatically convert .bmp to .jpg

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2008 21:55
I think it shows the difference well, although you really should have uploaded the image as bmp or png The lossy jpg means I had to recolour all the black in paint and then save it out again

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2008 01:06 Edited at: 24th Sep 2008 01:11
That's weird, as I am fairly certain i uploaded a bmp to photobucket. grrrr. I'll fix it though.

Just checked and I never saved that image as a .jpg, so it seems that Photobucket automatically converted my .bmp to .jpg. ughhh. .png came out fine though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:57:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:57:37