Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Wanting to make 2D RPG....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to Dark GDK. I know most of Basic C++ (Up to Chap. 10 in "Learn to Program With C++" and I read the tutorials in the Dark GDK.

I want to know how you add a 2D world into a game. Like is there a specific function(Like dbLoadImage) or something. I also want to have a person move around in it. I don't know how to put it in words but I'll try:

I want the person to be able to move around without having to load a new map every time you reach the end of the screen. I want the world to move(I guess a Persistant World but Idk if that term is only for 3D games).

Basically no loading screens. Except for maybe a fight or something. Just trying to make a small simple thing as my first "Decent" project.

I read over half of the Dark Invaders Tutorial, but so far I can tell it only has one map so it won't help me too much.

Thanks in advance xD Hope I explained it clearly enough
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 01:42 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 01:43
I think you should re-post about this over in the DarkGDK board. That board is more about coding, while this board is (usually) more about drawing and creating 2D media and art.

Some people may disagree with that, but in any case, you'll get more and more useful responses on the DGDK board.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:21:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:21:43