Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Pure GDK - Cannot Find / Engine Core Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello guys,

I have the full purebasic 1.20, but get 2 errors when trying to install PureGDK.

First one is through the PureGDK installation is gives the error: cannot find the purebasic application data.

The second, when trying to run a db command I get: Core engine not found.

I managed to get this working on my laptop which is vista, but not for windows XP.

What is wrong?

-=Zomio=-
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2008 04:53 Edited at: 14th Nov 2008 07:46
The application data error is due to a change in how PureBasic 4.20 stores its registry keys. This has been fixed for the next release.

For the old installer you can modify this registry key to point to your application data folder:

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/pgdk1.0.3-4.20_installpatch.zip

The engine core error is most likely because you are using an incompatible version of DarkBasic Professional. Use only the officially supported version 6.7 with PureGDK.

The next release will support PureBasic 4.30 and DBP 7.1.

Also be sure to install the 1.0.3.1 patch which resolves an bug where PureGDK executables would crash silently at startup on some configurations.

To install it replace PureGDK.dll in your Application DataPureGDKplugins-user folder. This folder is in your user accounts folder under Documents and Settings or the All Users folder, depending on your choice during installation.

http://puregdk.com/files/upload/pgdk1.0.3.1.zip

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:48:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:48:57