Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics - Vehicle / Car / Wheel Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2008 23:07 Edited at: 17th Nov 2008 23:08
Ok,
I just thought i'd have a mess around with the vehicle part of dark physics, as i've never used it before, I have my car model found the limb numbers of the wheels and it rotates the wheels YEY!, but in the wrong axis see picture below for example.

Image Link

As you can see the whell spokes are rotated to above the car!

So any ideas?

ill even post my code for you all

and my car is attached...

Yours
Tv.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 18:55
make sure your wheeels and spokes are on your cad x axis then all should work ok.

eg:
y
^
| Z
|/
x<---

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2008 20:02
nice car did you make that ?

I had the same problem , in the end i had to add some extra limbs to the model for wheels and hide them , it was alright for a quick fix but not ideal .

nvidia geforce 8600gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
morecode
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 05:25
Hello I have a model car and would like to test with the dark physics demo. I created to the car in 3d max and I attached the wheels to the car. my question is should I attach the wheel or should i export the wheels separately from the car? also a i suppose to animate the car in max first (i.e. steer left/right move forward/reverse)?
thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 05:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 05:26:26