Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 21:52 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2009 18:12
EARLY DEMO:

http://www.doomswars.com/doomswars.zip

I have put together a site and will have free registration to play a series of levels that will be released throughout years to come. The series is called Dooms Wars. Any comments or feed back welcomed. Will have the demo for the first level ready for download in a few days.

Storyline:

In 2123, people started to vanish from the earth with out a trace. About 1 year after the first disappearance, the surface of the earth started to show signs of cracking in North America. While examining the cause, scientists detected high levels of heat and activity eminating from beneath the earth’s surface. Sector 1 was established to determine the cause of the cracking and is an opening to take us deep below the earth . We now have access to a world we do not know much about but, a year has passed as no one is able to crack the code to allow us into the Underworld. Until now...

Your brother known as "Hacker Hunter" has solved the code that allows us into Sector 1. You are in a fight with the Zorgan. The year is 2125 and the evil demon god Zeras has taken control of different parts of North America known to us as now as Sectors. Zeras programmed chips into the human race now known as Zorgans. Not much is know about the Zorgans as no one was able to crack the code to open Sector 1 until just recently...

After studying a Zorgan corpse, we discovered damage the chips did to humans can not be reversed and our only alternative is to destroy everything in our path. This is your job as JT HUNTER - to explore Sector 1, kill everything and find out more about this new world. You will be provided with plenty of weapons and ammo for your mission.

Feedback and suggestions welcomed. I am trying to create a game that will continue and will feature new levels every month or two with mulitplayer and single player action.

Dooms Wars

Strelok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2008 23:11
Looks very nice man , the " hidden " head in the first screen is just awesome .

Best

Somebody please give me a job...
Krowsnest
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2008 17:34
Good work so far, Always want to see new X10 work

Have a Penguin,

"Earn my Trust in Blood" - The Overseer
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks guys. I am new to X10 but the level is coming out real good. Will have the demo level up asap and some more screenshots.

Dooms Wars

http://www.doomswars.com
Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, looks intresting. Nice name. Good start of the story line. Need to add more to it but again it is a good start. Also I agree with Krowsnest. Looking for a killer X10 creation and you may be on to something with Dooms Wars. Looking forward.

Indie

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
A Few More Sreenshots:

Dooms Wars

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the screen of the stairs. Looks creepy...

Looking forward

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2008 00:43 Edited at: 7th Dec 2008 00:47
Thanks man. I have the first level about ready. I am going to release it for review this weekend. Just getting the video cutscene ready to go and she is about ready.

SECTOR #1 COMING...

Dooms Wars

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 00:52 Edited at: 10th Dec 2008 01:42
X10 Demo of Dooms Wars is ready for testing.

http://www.doomswars.com/doomswars.zip

Progress on the first chapter.

Demo:

Cutscenes: Coming with full release

Artwork : Coming with full release

Music: Coming with full release

Dooms Wars

dumpus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 02:48
Looks really cool. Kinda reminds me of Doom 3.

Demo doesn't seem to work, though. Says the file is invalid/corrupt. Hope it gets fixed...looking forward to playing it!

*This post will self-destruct in 10 seconds.*
Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2008 07:46
Looks nice man i think i recognize the head from a TurboSquid image right?

Well keep at it very nice.

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
@dumpus

Thanks Dumpus... Try it now as it should work.

@Punk13

Yea, the one from the spash screen. Yep, got that one a few months ago. Love that model. It fit in with the screen real nice.

Any feedback on the demo would be great as it is a demo. I will keep tweaking and making the level better after hearing any comments or concerns.

Thanks in advance and hope you guys enjoy!

Dooms Wars

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Please play the demo and let me know your feedback. I have to add more stuff like cutscenes and reskin some end bosses along with addming some custom music. Hope everyone enjoy and will look at all the feedback and try to make a better level with the information.

Dooms Wars

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 00:08
The environments seem empty and washed out.

And the story is generic and cheesy.

Just pointing that out.

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 00:16 Edited at: 11th Dec 2008 00:21
@Inspire

Thanks for the feedback. The pictures are empty as they are early screenshots. The demo has rooms filled with stuff. I am adding much more as it is only a demo of a level. Have you played the demo or looking at the pics. I am not a great story maker but will work on it to make it more intresting as it is a very short description if the series.

Thanks again and looking forward to releasing the full level in the next couple of weeks.

Here is an updated screenshot of one of the rooms....

Dooms Wars

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 03:25
It looks like a lot of stock media... Now, considering this is X10 I will accept it, but it could use some custom media. There's a list somewhere that says all of the model packs that are compatible with X10.

http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coolsignaturebr2.png
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2008 12:58
By the looks of the first image you are planning to make a boxed product? If so, I hope you have $1000 ready

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
V2 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124709&b=24
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
@Bendak11

I have some custom stuff going into the game. Working on that now to add some fresh new content.

@marc steene

Not at this time. Will be a download only from the website. Lots of work to do before this is a quality game. Just wanted to release the demo and get some feedback and stuff to finish everything up.

Dooms Wars

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 19:20
I am unable to seeing as I don't have Vista...

You seem to have a lot of multicolored lights going on in your room. I think it's kinda disorienting, kinda like a disco (not saying discos are disorienting, I was just comparing).

haha

Keep it up.
Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, can't wait till i play it

only just got vista a month ago and getting geforce 8800+ for christmas

good job
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
@Inspire

All good man... I am new at this and trying. Most of the lights are consistent. There are a couple of rooms that may be a bit wild. I will fix that. Also I have custom segements I am adding to the next Demo before the release on the new year.

@Rob John B 95

Thanks man, looking forward to having you play it and tsest it out.

UPDATE:

DOOMS WARS DEMO 1.02 coming this weekend.

New content will be:

Custom rooms, music and a cutscene. We are also working on the storyline but will not release the new storyline until the full release 1-1-2009.

More to come so stay tuned...

Dooms Wars

Samuellx3
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 19:13
Quote: "You job will be to take out all Zorgans' and find a way to destroy Zeras. Do you have what it takes?"

Wouldn't there be moral issues with killing your own race, friends family, you should look into this but to be fair your lighting is great and well done

-Noobyshot
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2008 20:57 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2008 21:54
@who cares anymore

yes I do agree... The story needs to be tweeked a bunch as that is not a stong point of mine. I will have a full storyline that will be killer. I am glad you like the lighting. Thanks a bunch!

Sorry I have not updated the demo but the next one will include everything except the cutscenes and the music that will be in the game. We had to redo parts of the game and made the gameplay a bit better and more intresting. I am new to game making so trying to make an intresting experience that will continue over and over again. We will release new levels and keep the story going. Happy Holidays to all!

More Screens:

Dooms Wars

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
You should really post this in the X10 forum; it looks like it has a lot of potential I like how you use the red lights..

If you don't mind a little advertising, my bloodsmear overlay available in the store would fit in nicely near the Brute...(has normal and specular maps for red glistening goodness)

H.K.
http://fpscx10.mygoo.org/index.htm?sid=b9908f90a6ff35bbc42ee87032e4f3e0
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2008 05:41 Edited at: 24th Dec 2008 06:12
Your screens shots look nice.

Quote: "Feedback and suggestions welcomed. "

Are questions welcomed? (I hope so because I have another one)

If you don't mind me asking; How much did your ESRB Rating Cost? (I hope you didn't just copy/paste their rating logo)

Quote: "Wouldn't there be moral issues with killing your own race"

Yeah, that's too realistic (historical armies did and modern armies do) and this is supposed to be sci-fi.

Quote: "By the looks of the first image you are planning to make a boxed product? If so, I hope you have $1000 ready"

He can make $5,000 first before the FPSC X10 license is even due, so he doesn't need that money up front.

Quote: "Any [c]omments or feed back welcomed."

You need a little more work on your English too. (your is the possessive form of you)
"takes control of you body" should read "takes control of your body"
"you job will be to" should read "your job will be to"

MY body
MY job

If I can call it mine, then you can call it yours.

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2008 19:26 Edited at: 25th Dec 2008 02:46
@Jingle Fett

Quote: "If you don't mind a little advertising, my bloodsmear overlay available in the store would fit in nicely near the Brute...(has normal and specular maps for red glistening goodness)"

Thanks man. I will check it out.

This was posted in the X10 forums and was moved to this showcase form by a mod.

@Conjured Entertainment

I am glad you like the screenshots. Thanks a bunch.

Quote: "If you don't mind me asking; How much did your ESRB Rating Cost? I hope you didn't just copy/paste their rating logo"

I am in the early process. I am now to the rating system and in contact with them. I asked them if it was OK to use there logo on our screenshot during the process and I got the OK from them. I assume it will be a T rated game but will get the final approval from them once they get the copy of the game. So far we are registered and have to send them a DVD of the game when we are finished for final review. I am new to the rating process so I am learning as I go along. The cost is $800 fee for game development under USD $250k.

Yes it is a SCI-Fi game and we will be putting together a full storyline. What is there is a working demo storyline.

By the way, love your addon!!!

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65168&b=25

More to come...

Dooms Wars

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 03:23 Edited at: 25th Dec 2008 03:24
@Jingle Fett

There ya go man. It will look good when I mess with the lighting on it. I like it a bunch!

Dooms Wars

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 03:25
umm why is the guy floating? unless hes attached to the crane-like thing.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 03:44 Edited at: 25th Dec 2008 05:53
Hey Dar13... He is on the crane... See link for pick below.

http://www.doomswars.com/screenshots/36.jpg

I used Jingle Fett's bloodsmear overlay and it will fit in nice.

Dooms Wars

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 16:35
oh ok thanks for clearing that up doomswars. I just wasn't sure.

I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones-Albert Einstein
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 19:44
Finally an X10 game with not overused bloom and water effects! Looks pretty nice. Keep it up.

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2008 20:10 Edited at: 28th Dec 2008 03:43
@Dar13

All good man. Just wanted to show Jingle Fett the use of his overlay.

Juzi

Thanks Juzi. I am trying to make a good balanced game. I am new to game building so it is a good challenge for me. I hope with the help of the community comments will help me achieve my goal. So far so good.

More screens to come with a new demo as the one here is dated...

Happy Holidays.

Dooms Wars

Jingle Fett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2008 17:30 Edited at: 26th Dec 2008 17:38
Cool, make me proud! Haha jk, I hope it jazzes up your game
Arrange it one after another to make a long trail as though something was dragged off...it's a cool effect

But as to the X10 forum, I mean Jason Brook's community forum. There's a lot more going on there than the TGC X10 forum...plus some stuff that you probably won't see around here

Quote: "I am in the early process. I am now to the rating system and in contact with them. I asked them if it was OK to use there logo on our screenshot during the process and I got the OK from them. I assume it will be a T rated game but will get the final approval from them once they get the copy of the game. So far we are registered and have to send them a DVD of the game when we are finished for final review. I am new to the rating process so I am learning as I go along. The cost is $800 fee for game development under USD $250k."

You saved me the time of having to go figure that out myself. My game is nowhere closed to completion, but I intend to release it too. This is very good to know...

H.K.
http://fpscx10.mygoo.org/index.htm?sid=b9908f90a6ff35bbc42ee87032e4f3e0
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 02:17 Edited at: 11th Jan 2009 01:57
Quote: "Arrange it one after another to make a long trail as though something was dragged off...it's a cool effect"

Nice will do. The game level is almost finished and will release asap. Just adding some minor tweaks.

Dooms Wars

More Screenshots

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 18:30
Quote: "More Screenshots"

Try changing the floor texture from wall bricks to perhaps concrete or gravel type and see what that looks like. Nice screeshots.

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 21:39 Edited at: 13th Jan 2009 01:03
Thanks Nickydude. That is a great idea. I will make a concrete floor for the brick room and add it to the game. I think it will look good.

Hows this

Dooms Wars

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 22:40 Edited at: 26th Jan 2009 00:39
DOOM WARS SECTOR 1 WILL RELEASE 2-16-09

More screenshots to come...

Dooms Wars

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Killer man. Screens look real good. Can't wait to try out the game when it is ready. Keep up the good work.

Indie

doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2009 17:44 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2009 20:46
Hey guys. I am not much of a story creator. Wanted to add this and see what you guys think. Please let me know your thoughts.

Story Revised:

In 2123, people started to vanish from the earth with out a trace. About 1 year after the first disappearance, the surface of the earth started to show signs of cracking in North America. While examining the cause, scientists detected high levels of heat and activity eminating from beneath the earth’s surface. Sector 1 was established to determine the cause of the cracking and is an opening to take us deep below the earth . We now have access to a world we do not know much about but, a year has passed as no one is able to crack the code to allow us into the Underworld. Until now...

Your brother known as "Hacker Hunter" has solved the code that allows us into Sector 1. You are in a fight with the Zorgan. The year is 2125 and the evil demon god Zeras has taken control of different parts of North America known to us as now as Sectors. Zeras programmed chips into the human race now known as Zorgans. Not much is know about the Zorgans as no one was able to crack the code to open Sector 1 until just recently...

After studying a Zorgan corpse, we discovered damage the chips did to humans can not be reversed and our only alternative is to destroy everything in our path. This is your job as JT HUNTER - to explore Sector 1, kill everything and find out more about this new world. You will be provided with plenty of weapons and ammo for your mission.

Dooms Wars

Indie PC Games
Years of Service
User Offline
That is a lot better. Looking forward to playing. Looks promising....

Indie

Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2009 23:10
With the Brute-Crane thing, you should make it go ragdoll (spawn life 1) while on the crane, or maybe on a box being held by the crane. Nice work man!

Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 08:50
Just checked all your screenshots and they look impressive!

I really like that you don't make huge unrealistic rooms that many games have.
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
@Gears of War

Thanks man. That is a good idea. Glad you like the screenshots.

@Scurvy Lobster

Thanks for looking at the post. Glad you like the pictures. Hope you like the game when it is released.

Dooms Wars

logan
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i cant play its says cant find d3dx10-34.dell

please fix it dooms wars i want to play

ya
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2009 02:47
ha! u used the subliminal messaging just like doom! (first screenshot)

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
@logan

Not sure what that is. The game release is coming so lets see if that solves the issue.

@DestroyerHive

I love Id Sofware games. Doom and Quake series are the best .

New Screen:

Dooms Wars

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 03:20
I like the body on the table, but why would a table be at the bottom of a set of stairs?

Also, why a WW2 gun in the future?
doomswars
Years of Service
User Offline
The body looks good in game on the table. Why can't a table go in between stairs?

Also that gun is not in the final level. Just for testing.

Dooms Wars

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 20:12
Well, I wouldn't put a table at the bottom of a set of stairs. No one could go up them! And I agree, the body does look goo on the table but it doesn't make sense.

As long as the MP44 isn't in the final game, I don't have a problem with it. I was just curious why it was in the future.
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 20:53
Very nicely done, but why is there an "s" at the end of Doom? Just curious because it doesn't sound right...

To Doomswars: Yeah, I love all the Doom games, but I never tried Quake

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 12:47:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 12:47:39