Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / Nuclear Glory, ugh so it does this?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I am interested in knowing exactly what Nuclear Glory does, theirs not much explanation about what it actually does.

I'm going to presume, this DLL, auto detects collision, and set the level of the object, camera, to the mesh?

For example, I design a export a .x level map, when I import this into DBPro, along with the DLL, add a camera, it would set the camera to scroll along the floor level of the .x? If you get what I mean.

Theirs no trial or anything so I would like to know exactly what I'm buying into.

Also could anyone show me a simple code, which includes the DLL and collision syntax.

Thanks!
MonoCoder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2008 14:23 Edited at: 26th Nov 2008 14:29
Starting point.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=ngc
http://nuclearglory.com/products/ngc/
http://www.nuclearglory.com/php-bin/forums/view_topic.php?id=739&forum_id=1 - Trial version (though not for DBP, I think)
And of course search for Nuclear Glory threads.

Space Shooter - Another DBP GUI - last build of discontinued puyo
sometime December or something
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 14:45
NGC provides collision detection for your game. It can also be used to physically control your 3D objects based on the collisions.

It has some strong and weak points. A strong point is that it is well supported by the author and is a nice choice if you want the collision system to take care of itself.

Weak points include it costs money, it's relatively slow (it used ellipsoid collisions), it does not have box detection, you cannot rotate collision bodies, sometimes the automatic collisions get stuck, can't resolve, and freeze the game. One thing I hated about it is that it isn't a real DBP plugin so every command is wrapped with a DBP function. It ends up adding lots of code to any project you want to use it in which is annoying and slows down compiling. Also, you have to replace some standard DBP commands with NGC replacement commands.

Sparky's collision on the other hand is free, can do box collisions, lets you rotate collision bodies, is super fast, and is a real DBP plugin. You can achieve more accurate collision with this plugin. It uses sphere sliding collision as opposed to ellipsoid, but to achieve the same accuracy you just use two or three spheres on top of each other which is still faster.

Dark Physics also handles collisions automatically, but it's a different type of system altogether. In the end, though, NGC is slower than Dark Physics and Sparky's DLL. It's actually slower than Dark Physics and Sparky's used together.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 00:07:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 00:07:08