Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 19:44
Youtube Vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgNgs5edNQU

During an important infiltration mission on a German base, You are hit by sniper fire. While checking your dead partner in hope that he was alive, you are shot. The enemy has now forced you to become an assassain for their side, informing you that they will kill you if you disobey. Can you help the Germans kill your highest officials?

July 4th, Your 1st mission begins.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 20:11
You shot your teammate in the back of the head with a Desert Eagle

In a reall WW2 Era, they didn't have Deagles... Or sci-fi walls and such. But I'm sure all of these things could be fixed.

McCrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 20:16
Hm... I think that Scifi walls are bad... Take the bunker walls or something concrete.

Question: How did you made this blood decal as you hit the enemy?

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is larger than 600x120.
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 20:21
It's Airmod's bloodspurt.....

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 20:26
...the premise has me puzzled.

1. As soon as the player returned to enemy lines (from the German perspective), what exactly would prevent him from just turning himself in at the first opportunity, and explaining his situation?

2. Given the choice, most allied soldiers would've most likely chosen death, over betrayal of their own comrades...even more so if the demands were being made by WW2 Nazi Germany.

3. How exactly would the Germans kill the player, if he fails to assassinate the targets he's been ordered to eliminate? It would really defeat the purpose, if German soldiers (even in disguise) were following the player around, to monitor his actions.

To be plausible, I believe that serious thought and re-evaluation must be made, if this storyline is to have any believabilty...

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "3. How exactly would the Germans kill the player, if he fails to assassinate the targets he's been ordered to eliminate? It would really defeat the purpose, if German soldiers (even in disguise) were following the player around, to monitor his actions."

I believe you could fix this by having them implant something in you so that they can trigger it off if they don't get news that one of the people was killed (secret technology I guess).
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 21:01
Quote: "I believe you could fix this by having them implant something in you so that they can trigger it off if they don't get news that one of the people was killed (secret technology I guess)."

...I suppose.

Quote: "2. Given the choice, most allied soldiers would've most likely chosen death, over betrayal of their own comrades...even more so if the demands were being made by WW2 Nazi Germany."

...still doesn't provide a fix for this fact, I'm afraid.

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that's the real killer.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2008 23:18
Actually, it was meant to be more modernday, and I just worked with what I had due to the lack of modernday (although maybe slighty in the future because we are not at war with germany) media that I have... and that's not a deagle either, it's the berreta elite Jon Fletcher released for free... also, I didnt shoot him in the back of the head, he actually got sniped.... this takes place before the Germans get you, the video got cut short on youtube for some reason.... In the end you hear a sniper rifle shot and the screen blacks out, but it's fine in game...

On a less defensive note and more of self glorification, you should have seen the issues I had getting that script to work... even though I used the waypointstop command, he wouldnt stop, so I had to put it in the death script

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 00:35
Ah, now I see. Due to the extreme close-up of the video, I thought you were trying to hide the "berreta elite" so you could shoot your ally to look like the sniper did it.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 01:02 Edited at: 1st Dec 2008 01:02
@ meteorite: If you need any German voice overs, just send me an e-mail as I am partially fluent. Can't wait to see how this shapes up.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 01:16
I'd like to take up the offer, but I cant afford voice acting, its gonna be a free game anyways

I didnt record sound because my recorder doesnt support sound and I wanted to save framerate... so I imported the sound of the weapons (berreta elite 2 and mp5 sniper rifle) The effect of the guy getting ruined is really a satisfying thing. Also, I didnt want to have to get a lucky shot with the berreta killing the sniper, so I scripted it so as soon as I shot it added -100 health. excellent.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 02:39
I'd do the voices free of charge, I don't need money as of now.
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 03:30
Alright, If I can think of anything I'll let you know

and to the rest of the guys

This is my first time starting a game, so any tips are appreciated, so, bunker walls, no sci fi, and re do the vid because I added lightmapping to the level after making the vid. Any other thoughts on how to improve?

Oh, @ Bendak see picture for be2-de comparison (deagle is big one, berreta elite is the smaller one in bottom left)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 03:40
Ah, I see. Could you possibly provide me a link to the Berreta's free download, or to Fletcher's site?

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 03:52
I dont think it's on his site, but the beretta elite and dual beretta elite can be found in the store
link to be2

http://files.filefront.com/Beretta_Elite_2zip/;6735108;;/fileinfo.html

dual be2

http://http://files.filefront.com/DUAL+ELITES+290907zip/;8432411;/fileinfo.html

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 04:39
Thanks for the links.

McCrazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2008 18:28
Quote: "coffegrunt: It's Airmod's bloodspurt....."

Okay thanks, didnĀ“t know that.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is larger than 600x120.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 05:44:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 05:44:07