Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Muncher: Race To Space

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 17:44
Another development, a small arcade style re-make where the objective is to race to space, bouncing on meteors to satelites a fun little addictive game. Previously shared with my games programming class and got some good feedback hope you all enjoy:

P.s. big hint the map sometimes comes in handy when playing 2 player mode

Munchers: Race to Space

Download Here: Download
-Side note.. i should really upload bigger pictures-

------------------------------------
http://www.hybridwolves.co.uk

We're back
------------------------------------
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 18:42 Edited at: 6th Dec 2008 18:43
nice little game. a little tough but i'll give it a few more tries before i give up what was this written in?

and, here's a bigger screen:

thanks for sharing!

Virtual Nomad . California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2008 18:59
i guess you got hit by a meteor by the look of your character face heh, it was written in Dark Basic Pro, less than 1 day, it's allot more funner 2 player mode especially when it's a close battle to finish, heck even my girl friend even enjoyed . Glad you liked it.

Thanks for the bigger screenie Virtual Nomad.
Game Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Seems you made it recently. You should enter it in the ame Competition I am hosting
(Thread:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/m=forum_view&t=141135&b=32

I think if It's that addicting it will score high on the Addicting category.

Looks good fromm the Screen Shots

Zab Productions Game and Program Company.
Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
Your muncher character makes me laugh every time I see it! He would be perfect for a colorful platforming game.

As for Race To Space, I found it too hard to get to the top, since there wasn't enough objects to bounce on to get up. The game could be really fun otherwise.

Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2008 17:05
Game Guy, feel free to post up the game if you want it up on your site , that applys to anyone wanting to put the game up for others to play.

Jimpo. Thanks for the constructive crit, but there was a reason why i put that in.

Objects appear according to your current position making it so you must remember the previous few you jumped on incase you need to wait til the new objects appear.

The very end is off the map on purpose to add a sort of.. end of level difficulty moment, meaning you can't see up / down just relying completly on memory .

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:56:06
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:56:06