Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My first project is Scifi Mazes. A free download link will be posted shortly. I have a few questions about FPS Creator and where to find things...

1. How do I include a different mp3 for different maps that plays throughout the level?

2. Where can I find a free file hosting service where I can host entire folders of things (namely, a game I made with fps creator)

3. How do I convert a regular image file to the format of a loading screen in fps creator, persay?

4. Where are directions for including a custom health bar ect.. ?

Thanks, Jack.

Trying to learn.
Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ekeak,

1. Not sure what you mean here, Are you asking about using different mp3 segments in the same level? Or making 2 different levels using different mp3 segments or whatever you mean by mp3, and then link them together so when you complete level 1, level 2 starts?
-To answer that one, read the fpsc manuel & Nickydudes hints & tips guide.

2. Try google search - 'free file hosting' there is many, some have different file size options and so on.

3. If you want .jpg, try windows paint. If you need other formats, look for a .dds convertor. I'm sure if you search for the same topic on these boards you will find possible free program links or otherwise buy yourself photoshop.

Good luck with your progress.

fpsfree.com / support by clicking on some banner links.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=kpwY6pO2_UA&feature=related
ekeak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 15:35 Edited at: 16th Dec 2008 15:36
ok, thanks.

By Mp3 I mean music.

I've already tried that, it only lets me host single files...

the format that the title screen is in is .fpi

I've already found out how to insert a custom health bar.

Thanks anyway.

Trying to learn.
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 16:04
Since this is a some kind of "maze game", some traps and puzzles would fit very nicely. At the moment, the game looks a bit boring.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2008 19:48
This is a nice idea but so far has been poorly executed. Juzi is right about the traps and puzzles, they would add some variety.

On a graphical level, the game looks bland because there is no lighting. Think logically, how would my player see if this was a real maze? If a maze is outside, you could just make one big light to mimic sunlight. If it's indoors, add light fixtures (found in the wall furniture section of the library) and then light markers. The radius determins how powerful and far-reaching the light looks. The colour is self-explanatory and is really up to you.

Keep at it!

AE

Rob John B 95
Years of Service
User Offline
1. How do I include a different mp3 for different maps that plays throughout the level?

2. Where can I find a free file hosting service where I can host entire folders of things (namely, a game I made with fps creator)

3. How do I convert a regular image file to the format of a loading screen in fps creator, persay?

ANSWERS

1. no idea ?

2. uploading.com is the best i have ever seen...you dont need to regester although it is free...it is simple u upload then it gives u three things, embed code/url to delete upload/and a url to download it

3. many tutorials on that around here.. read em or search for them

4. no idea once again lol ?
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 05:03
Yeah you need lighting man. It will look way better, trust me.

"Welcome to the forums, MasterXMP. Your game looks like garbage..." - Game Maker
Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2008 08:29 Edited at: 17th Dec 2008 08:31

Just open up notepad, and type this:

And save it as loopmusic.fpi

Put this into the Main Script of a Trigger zone, and in sound put your music file. Also, I believe mp3's do not work, so you have to use .wav or .ogg (I reccomend .ogg).

Download WinRAR, and package your game folder using it. The filesize will be a lot smaller and you don't have to worry about uploading different folders. Alternativly you can use WinZIP but that will not compress much.

Try .jpg first, and if that doesn't work you'll need to convert it into .dds (type .jpg to .dds converter, or use another program such as GIMP or Photoshop)

That can be found in Nickydude's Official Community Guide which is stickied at the top of the Product Chat forum.

Free Segment Packs: V1-http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124552&b=24
V2 - http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=124709&b=24
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2008 17:10
it would look better if you had a more sci-fi segment more like the ones in portal

gamer for life

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 04:27:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 04:27:49