Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Code Snippets / [DBP] Concentricious (game)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 00:07 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2009 14:57
Concentricious, an original game made in about three hours. You control a circle, circling a number of circles (or rings), trying to "dunk" squares into the centre.

The circle travels around the rings. You switch rings with the LMB (outwards) and RMB (inwards). Run into squares to knock them closer to the centre, gaining points as you do. Extra points for getting them in. Squares exist for a limited amount of time, losing it fastest on the outside rings.

Your circle and the squares travel in opposite directions. The direction alternates between each ring. You travel fastest on the inside ring. You have a certain amount of life. It is constantly decreasing, but gaining points increases it. When it's gone, game over.

Code (a bit mess, but hey):

Includes some very helpful (slightly modified) functions by Phaelax. Plays in 1280x800. Had a quick try myself, got 2580pts. Edit: tried again, stopped at 20000. Favour the outer rings. Screen:

@IanM: Sorry, forgot. Thanks for adding it.

Space Game - DarkEye - Concentricious - Puyo
Oh 200 character limit you card
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 03:05
That's pretty addictive! I like it

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 14:55