Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Destruction with Dark Physics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 15:02
Hello!

There is any possibiliy to use Dark Physics to simulate object destruction-deformation? I have a ship model and would like to simulate the effect of a explosion.

thanks
Biga
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 15:20 Edited at: 10th Jan 2009 15:44
take a look a few post down I think there's some code that will do just that.

link
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=141809&b=6

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Biga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2009 18:01
thanks, nice code, and it is the destruction part I'm curious to the deforming part and Dark Physics can help to simulate it or not. older games worked with separate models for the different level of destruction but simulating for example a missile impact with deformation of ship parts is more realistic.
Biga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2009 09:53
ok it looks like I did not ask it correctly.

so I understand that I have to handle the exploded parts, for example I should make the "explodable" parts differently as limbs and "glue" to the main object. at explosion I can set the forces to make the parts explode away.

but my question is that how can I simulate the parts which do not "fly away" but deforming? for example, in Jane's Fleet Command game there are three different models to smaller, medium and heavy damages. it is possible to make deformations "online" instead of using model versions?
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2009 14:13
This can be done without any physics at all by mesh-deformation animations, where each frame displays a more damaged version of the object and sufficient damage "plays" the animation to the next frame.

Real-time physics deformation is way too much for simulating such a simple thing.
Xsnip3rX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 04:44
Biga, try cloth.

Biga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2009 19:19
thanks, but it is not clear...

I would like destruct some elements of my ship. How can I set up cloth for a ship model?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:06:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:06:04