Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / TheSync:Black Down

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 18:56 Edited at: 17th Jan 2009 22:30
TheSync Black Down check it out pretty cool game for FPS! over 150 ppl playing that... go website is [href=gamemania.spruz.com]gamemania[/href] download is here

screenshot 1

screenshot 2

screenshot 3

TheSync
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 20:38
Umm... Can we get some screen shots of the game?

BlackDown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2009 22:43
yeah check out Black Down by TheSync its on [href=gamemania.spruz.com]gamemania[/href]
pics are there in the gallery...

TheSync
Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 01:20
Can you format your post so that it matches the others of this section? It's helpful to get the info in that clear and concise order.

Now, about those screens. To be honest, it looks like the content in those screens would lag like crazy in FPSC MP. That, and there really isn't anything inviting about that. When making your game, try and see it how the final gamer would see it. Use lighting to draw their eyes towards certain areas and away from others. Due to FPSC's inherent nature to lag in large spaces, use small corridors and twists and turns to create your MP game. It'll also be more intense that way, as you have to be ready around each corner. I like the enthusiasm that you've brought, and I believe that if used properly, you can get a fairly good game going.

Gunn3r Games
_sYn_
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow this is the worst FPSC Game I´ve ever saw !
I think you can do it better but this looks terrible.

Sorry for the hard criticism.

I think you should learn the FPSC Basics first, and than you can try to make a Game.

Read some FPSC Tutorials and the Community Guide to get better Mapping skills.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 04:44
Quote: "over 150 ppl playing that..."

Whatever.

I agree with Synorth, and the fact that you lied makes it worse.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 07:11
This is more of a WIP than a Showcase quality product. Moving it to the Work in Progress section of the boards for now. Keep at it though.

-Keith

BlackDown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 11:20
acctualy 90 ppl are my friends so and thats only demo...

TheSync
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 12:44
Quote: "and thats only demo...
"

Not an excuse. You posted this up as a downloadable product and so we will criticise it as a game.

I'll put this blunty: It looks a mess.

The entities you have used look like a jumble of random vehicles in a wide, empty, ugly space with a square, ugly building smack dab in the middle. Your hand textures have gone a bit funky too...

As for the inside, you seemt to have a door in the middle of the room... Eh, what?

The outside area will lag like no tomorrow. It's so big and empty with nothing to hide the corners of the map. You use no lightmapping either.

I know it's an inviting idea to make an MP like this. A huge open map with buildings in it, but A: You need to accept the limitations of FPS and B: You've executed it the wrong way.

But well done on getting lots of people playing it, but with a map like that it will die out fairly quickly.
BlackDown
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2009 14:33
true but im new at this and i garantee it will go better...
and thx to you guys... critisisng gives new ideas and repairs bugs...

TheSync
ionstream
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 03:27
Actually in English you only need one period (.) to end a sentence.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2009 04:31
Hmm.

First off, you should, (as people were saying), Enclose this building.... thing. This will seriously improve framerates. A matter of fact, DONT even use a skybox for multiplayer. (helps a ton.)

Second, use lights, all static, and put ambiance to zero. Add light sources too.

Third, be wary of using a bunch of entities like that. Its better to just have a large map of segments. Especially if you really do have 150 people playing that! Lol.

Fourth, to add, dont lie.

Fifth, get rid of all those useless segments (doors in the middle of nowhere)

sixth, read the forum rules....

I'm a Twisted Fire Starter...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-17 08:14:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-17 08:14:07