Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2009 23:09
problem 1, this one is not a driver problem i dont think: DBPro, while bolding the darkPHYS commands aka recognizing them, whenever i try to compile it asks me what "phy start" is! so i cannot compile darkphys programs..

problem 2. i can run all the .exe demos, but cannot run any .exe demo/program that has fluids/water in it

problem 3. when i try to run any of the physX ageia competition entries, it sends me to a page directing me to get my latest driver. however, my driver for some reason is not on the list

(nvidia "geforce go 7600")

so i tried downloading another driver version (took a while to find) but still have the same problem.

i also installed the drivers that came with darkphysics (the install file that is in the start menu as dark physics->tools->runtime drivers)
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:09 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 00:09
you need to install the new drivers from the Nvidia web site for PhysX,

go here
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

bottom half of the screen it will say 'NVIDIA PhysX System Software' click on that link to download the updated driver.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 00:49
^

i installed that, and it didnt help

this is the erorr that comes up for "SLIME.EXE":

"attempt to create physx hardware scene when physx hardware not accessible"

this is the error that comes up for "WATER.EXE":

"the application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem."

then a DB error pops up after:

"failed to load dll(1:enhancements.dll)"
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 11:23 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2009 11:25
do a search and down load the MFC71.DLL into the system32 folder that should fix that problem.

Plus have you update to 1.05 DarkPhysX.

plus do you have the directX 9c install the october version.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 14:23
i have DBP latest version, dx9c latest or near latest (donno how to tell what month i have, here is the version it gives me in dxdiag: 4.09.0000.0904), and darkphys latest

ill give that DLL a try, and the october version. ill also reinstall darkphys and its update
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2009 15:05
your directX check out the same as I have on my system, so were looking for something else.

if when you reinstall DarkphysX the install bar only get so far along then ends, let us know as there is a fix, if it goes all the way to then end, then where looking for something else.

hope the dll fix works.

qwe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 02:52
hey again

i can now run nvidia stuff. the fluids DO work with a geforce go 7xxx. idk if it was cuz i updated my gfx driver, or got a certain version of dx, or what

however, still can't compile, while the words are highlighted (eg start phys turns bold and blue like other commands) when i try to compile the commands are not recognized

anyone have an easy solution to this?
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 10:47
Had the same problem about a year ago it would high light but not complie, non PhysX code would complied fine. So back up the code you need to keep, then do the as below , quick way to find the folder is to put 8EC2 in the windows search box.

Quote: "This problem can occur from time to time. To solve it go to c:\program files\installshield installation information. You will probably see a large list of folders in here all with very long names. There will likely be two folders for Dark Physics {8EC28FBE-59C4-4FBC-B707-F8FDAE3CCAEE} and {76431DB7-7827-4BA3-98B6-C686AAD21868}. To confirm these are the correct ones go into each of these folders and open Setup.ini. There will be a listing for AppName. Ensure it contains the keywords Dark Physics. If it does then delete both of these folders.

Now go to the directory where DB Pro is installed and then into the Compiler folder and finally plugins-licensed. In here delete DarkPhysics.dll, NxCharacter.dll, NxCooking.dll, NxExtensions.dll and PhysXLoader.dll. These are the core files for Dark Physics.

Next download the latest version of Dark Physics and install this. Also grab the latest drivers from www.ageia.com and install those.

When finished you should be able to run Dark Physics and continue working with it.

Regards,

Mike"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 13:51:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 13:51:35