Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Vehicles, springs, and joints

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I'm very stressed since I'm trying to make a good vehicle movement using Dark Physics but there are a lot of problems.

1) Springs work (I saw in physics debugger) but the tires in the model do not move independently. In fact, it seems when I hit a bump (e.g. a rock on the terrain) all the car jumps (not only the tire). Tires seems to be like a single block with the car.

2) I cannot create and save a trivial model to work with DarkPhysics. I even tried to reporduce a model structure similar to the one in the examples, but I cannot do it (I tried with MilkShape, with Unwrapper 3d, with AC3D).

Please help me, since physic vehicles are mandatory for my game.
I like PhyX Ageia, but I will obliged to jump to newton physics engine if Dark Basic does not work well :-( (and I spent some money for nothing!).

Thank you for your help!

--Alessandro
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 19:59
when you where building you vehicle in 3D packages did you have the axils on the xy line.

[-------]

[-------]

when seen from the top view.

unless its change I only evey got springs to work on one wheel, but that may have been they way I was doing it.

hope that helps.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
ale870
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your help.

But I found some problems, because...
tires do not move correctly (sometimes all car rounds!).

Quote: "unless its change I only evey got springs to work on one wheel, but that may have been they way I was doing it.
"

How? I noticed that the car and the tires seem a single block, and the tires seems NOT attached to springs.

--Alessandro
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 20:28
here are somew that I found in the dll that may end up in thenext relase, eg there not suported yet.

ale870
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there any way to use physX dll directly? Headers?

--Alessandro
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 22:37
you might be able to, as it is a dll. If you know what to do, then you might get it to work.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-24 05:09:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-24 05:09:16