Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Runtime Error 136

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm using the 3D Game Creator by The Game Creators (i'm posting here as i guess it was made using DB) and when i've made a level/game in it i save it as a standalone, but when i double click the exe icon, it comes up Runtime Error 136. I can't find any lists on the net that explains error 136
Anyone out there know what 136 is and how to sort it?
I've attached a level to - feel free to have a look and see if you get Error 136 too.
livin247
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok - some more strange bug things with the 3DGC.

I've now tried the exes on 3 PCs (1 running Vista on a DX10 vid card / 2 running XP on DX9 cards) and 2 laptops (one Vista and on XP).

In the main, the XP versions are either ok, or have really buggy graphics.

On vista...I've added the dll that is missing from Vista to the System 32 folder to get the 3DGC 'created' game to load. On FIRST try the level loads in Vista with no problems. In fact it even looks really good!!

So, i exited and clicked to play a different 3DGC game that i've made and it came up Runtime error : Error 136. I should say that the error message comes up as the exe loads up, so i don't even get as far as the menu screen. What i get is a flickering of black and white screens during the phase after you've double clicked the exe and then it bugs out with the runtime error on a white background.

So, i duly tried the first one i played and ... Runtime Error : Error 136. But i only played this game just a few minutes ago without any problems - so i'm really confused.

I've tried to 'reset' the pc to its original state by deleting the dll file and reinserting it after a complete switch-off and switch on, but it crashes straight to Error 136 again.

Copying the exe files to the desktop doesn't change the error either.

I've tried running the exes from a memory stick and from a CD too, but after that first time it worked, it doesn't work anymore.

Being persistent, i've tried loading the same level over and over again, but keep getting Error 136... until it seemed to get fed up with giving me that error, and threw me 'Runtime Error : Error 9' for a change.

I know most of the forum dwellers on TGC hate, loathe etc..etc the 3DGC, but having bought the commercial licence, i actually have a publisher interested in taking some of my games and i don't want to hand over a game that doesn't 'quite' work

Please, can anyone help?
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 22:36
Unfortunately, my login to the support pages expired quite a while ago, because I remember that there was a cut-n-paste answer for most 3DGC problems for XP that solved most problems.

All that I can suggest right now is that you raise a support ticket and give these detail there (or a summary and a link to this thread). Daniel will get an answer for you and he's usually quite quick about it.

livin247
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ian,

Cool, thanks for the quick reply. I'll mail Daniel. Thanks for the pointer. When i get something back (and it sorts it out), i'll post it here in case anyone else has these problems.
dcvinci
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same error. Has anyone figured this out?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:44:40