Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i was just wondering if dark physics is worth of buying? ain't the waterlike and cloth effects to heavy to run on regular computer? we are doing MMO, so tell me should i buy this?

regards, Jukka Korhonen & Plague productions
Master Xilo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 12:47
It can be used for things like I do in my LegoMMORPG:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBA6nAgYVpQ&feature=channel
(go to 2:00)

And if have just like 1 or 2 cloths at a time (which look very good for anything that's mad of cloth) then it'll run ok.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2009 14:21
Dark Physics is the fastest rigid body simulator available for our use, period. The extras like fluids and cloth aren't quite as great.

If you're going to have physics in your game then get DP. If you're not then don't. Physics in an MMO game will be difficult to integrate into gameplay, either you sync all physics on the server and use the clients simply to display the rigid bodies and suffer from crippling delays or use the physics on the client computers for visual effects only.

Anyway, it's definitely worth buying. It's a million dollar plugin that we get to use for next to no money.

By the way...
Quote: "Jukka Korhonen & Plague productions "

Claiming to have a company doesn't give you credibility. You're a hobby programmer like the rest of us.

Come see the WIP!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:29:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:29:46