Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Series of tones!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 02:10
I'm looking for about 10-20 tones or chords for instruments to make a sort of music making software. Can someone point me in the right direction?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2009 23:17
Why not use rudolphos midi plugin? This would be alot faster for creating any music software.
(located in the program anouncement forum)

If you trying to record tones to make an editor then i suggest using a midi editor and sound recorder software to record single tones to wav files.

(That method i find not as good) If your using darkbasic pro then id just use the midi plugin.

SMD3DInteractive
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2009 19:16
You could always check up the Modplug Tracker / Impulse Tracker communities out there. It is possible to extract the samples (.wav files) they use from them. Of course, you hardly come by any good-quality sounds that way though; for these you have to pay... Also, if you do that, you will of course not be allowed to include them with your own music-making program.

If you are just after some descent sounds, then I agree that you could use the midiOut features to broadcast over the Microsoft Softsynth (default midi sound bank of Windows systems; everybody has one). It can however also be used with any other device supporting MIDI, like a hardware synthesizer or some software sampler on your system.

"We know some things about poodles, for example that they are alive, they can bark, they eat meat..."
- Extract from Objects first with Java.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 01:41:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 01:41:20