Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkAI - setting radius of each entity?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2009 14:33
Hi!

Im using DarkGDK to develop a RTS and for path findig I use DarkAI with all its AIGoToPosition etc.

Atm im having one huge problem. Imagen a scene with 1 tank and 2 soilders.

the tank will should have a bigger radius(AISetRadius) then the 2 soilders, else the soilders will walk party trought the tank.

So how would I go about setting the "avoidance"-radius of the tank?

fumade
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried the avoidance distance, but it not work for me. my case same like yours, i created the object with different size different speed but i cant set the radius(AISetRadius) differently. i tried to add in the different avoidance distance according to their size but it make no different. when the big and small entities walk together, they will overlapped.
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 10:48
.. well, does anyone have a solution?

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 13:07
You could use the collision system. detect if the characters are within a certain radius of the tank and if they are use the

AI set entity hit command.

I don't have the command list infront of me, I'm pretty sure thats the one. Its the command to tell the entity that he's bumped into a dynamic object not in the AI collision system

I want robotic legs.
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 16:15
Ye, looks good. Will give it a try.

Can I remove AISetRadius(2.5f); if I use this method?

fumade
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, Hayer,is that work for u?it's not work for me.if i don use it in wrong i use AI SET ENTITY HIT I,0,0 after i create my entities. overlap situation still occurs, and suddenly, the entities are stunt and move to the position 0,0,0.
Hayer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2009 18:25
havnt tried yet. Gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 10:27:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 10:27:04