Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / EZrotate doesnt like sin/cos math or my program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im trying to use ezrotate for rotations for my player objects but Im getting inconsistant results as using ezrotate with sin/cos does not seem to work right.

I can't[u] just use move object as im dealing with moving a dark physics rigid body that has force being applied to it while being regulated by a cos/sin algorithm.

Also the rotateto commands result my object pitching to the target then disappearing and if i try to move the program crashes

My goal:

1: get an improvised dark physics character controller working

2: have its movement to be flexible enough for move in the intended direction no matter its orientation.

3: Create several algorithms that allow my character to "walk around on" planets and other level objects

Could someone help
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 00:37
Can you post an example of this happening?

a.k.a WOLF!
Maxmax123
Years of Service
User Offline
I figured out that since ezrotate returns angle values no larger than 180 for x and z and 90 for y, sin/cos wont work right as far as I know.

an example is this:

Play around with this code and you will see what I mean.

I hope you can help me with this as I really like your plugin
and you seen very devoted to helping people with it.

Thank you
Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2009 01:13
Here, try this:

Sorry, I don't have time to explain how it works right now. Basicly, it uses the object's rotation matrix to tell the object how to move.
I hope this helps!

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:41:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:41:36