Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Wheels on Car turning wrong

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 20:41 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 20:44
I have been trying out some of the vehicles that came with DarkMatter. The Bug works just fine. But when I try the stock car the wheels rotate the wrong way. Maybe someone out there had this problem. I have tried every thing I can think of. I have put up a screen shot of how they come up.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 23:59 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 00:00
The order of wheels is right back then left back, right front then left front.

or you can use this.

[hrefhttp://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=144632&b=30[/href]

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 03:30
Thanks I ran the program and pasted in the code but the wheels still do the same thing. When I start my program the car jumps all over.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 10:03
Thank you for trying the program, any feed back is welcome, trying get it to work with all models not just some.

A few question.

1. Do the back wheels still spin on the wrong axis.

2. where you able to drive it the area or did the code crash.

3. Did you rotate the right part of object 13 limbs, On the buggy its the Y axis, On the sport car its the X axis that has been rotated.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 16:31
1. The back wheels still have the same problem for that matter they all do.
2. Yes it will drive around.
3. I will have to check on that.

I did try one other one. That was the Small 4X4
That had a problem with putting a front wheel in the back. That was easy to see because of the sterring. The back wheel will turn. I took that to the front and front to back. It looked like it worked ok but when you try to turn it comes to a stop.
I will be working on them today. I will let you know what I come up with. Thanks

Dennis
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 17:48 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 17:50
Well I found my Dark Matter 1.10 and found a stock car and I see way you are tearing your hair out, think its to do with the wheels not having a center. if you know what to do should make some cylinders that have a center and put the tyre image on that.

I keep have a look and see if there is away, but I think its to do with them being a plain with no center.

ps change the old line with this toget it to load 3ds files.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 18:47
thats the problem, need to add some 3D cylinders for wheels and a base, should all work then.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:26
Ok Thanks I will do that now
and let you know
Dennis
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 01:37
I loaded the stock car in Milkshape and it looked like they had a center. To make sure I loaded the beach bug that is working and compaired them and they look the same to me. That is besides scale. I do see if you where to use the L-stock that the wheels are just plains but the H-stock dose not use plains.

Dennis
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 09:22
On my copy both H and L had plains and seeing as plains have only one axis that why it spin the wrong way.

AC3D just showed it as aload of lines triangle together.

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 15:54
I don't have AC3D just MilkShape I don't like that much. So what I did was make my own model. So I used what I had and familiar with. That is FSDS when you make parts it has a widget at the center of each part. When I made the first model I had the wheels turning on the y axis and they turn the wrong way the same as the stock car. Then I made them so they turned on the x axis and it worked fine. I think wheels on both stock cars are made to turn on y axis. It is just a box with 4 wheels but I did run it through your program to get the specs. It did seem to set it up ok. The only thing that maybe you could add is a aray for when you have more the 4 wheels like the Tank or a big truck. So I will try to make new wheels for the stock car.

Dennis
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 16:46
Quote: "only thing that maybe you could add is a array for when you have more the 4 wheels like the Tank or a big truck. "

Now that more of a challenge, turns out the tanks we have, need to be modified as all the object are in a line, where to put the drive and steering is another one.

adding more wheels is just working out where to place them as it does show what to put for extra wheels.

if you want the x model of the stock car with 3d wheel can zip up and email to you.

Plus this code is for anyone to add some thing to it.

things to do.

1. get it to go back and load another Vehicle.
2. some way to adjust the chassis before jumping in.
3. some way to adjust the springs before jumping.
4. anything some else thinks suggest

DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 17:49 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 18:35
OK HowDo That would be great. Please sent to Thats my ham radio call sign.I will look at some of the things to do yet see if I can come up with anything. Thanks for all your help.

Dennis
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 20:02 Edited at: 17th Feb 2009 06:25
Thanks for the File

After a few changes and I just used the same textures I had all is working good.I left the old code next to the new so you can see the changes on the wheels and body. Thanks again

Dennis

Eggs and Ham Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 20:20
You may find that vehicle body gets you near to it, but needs a little bit adjustment to make it spot on , as the code does not work with the tanks, now working out away to find the height of a vehicle using the mouse.

if you look at them in the PhysX debugger you will what I mean.

Well you'er up and running quicker than I was.

cheers for now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-18 14:19:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-18 14:19:40