Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / distribution problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 06:35
I have a simple game set up that is a knock off of the flash game Cube Field.
In my version, there is a music pumping background that uses 2 dlls, eap155 and dark_mp3. It works fine on my computer. It works fine when I get friends who have DBP to copy my whole project folder into their dbp folders and set up the dlls in the user plugins folder.
However, it does NOT work when I just give the project folder to some one who doesnt have dbp (I think)

for example, I gave it to my brother, and when he tries to play it, he gets past the display settings, and then it gives him a windows error box saying that the program crashed. If you hit details it traces it to the eap155 dll.

I ask 2 things of you kind people...
1- Please download my test game and see if you can get the audio backdrop to work.
2- Please explain how I can fix this issue so that I can distribute this game when its completed.

The game itself is very straight foward.
-arrow keys move
-space resets
-p pauses the game

PGDO. it consumes my every waking moment, that is not already being eaten by work / school / sleeping

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 11:47
It is because eap155.dll uses SSE2 cpu extensions, which many computers don't support. I made a replacement dll, which is just a shell. You can find it in this thread near the bottom. Anyone who gets crashes should put that dll in the same folder as the exe. It does mean that the sound won't work anymore though...

[b]Yuor signutare was aresed by a deslyxic mud...
BOX2D V2 HAS HELP FILES! AND A WIKI!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 17:29 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 18:00
Quote: "It does mean that the sound won't work anymore though..."

Wait, what do you mean?

Thanks for the help by the way, didnt mean to jump on you
But what your saying is to take whatever I find in that thread, and package it along with the exe?

EDIT: oh, thats sad. So pretty much your stuff just cancels out the eap155 dll?
Rg, and after some research, it looks like the SSE2 stuff is on the cpu itself, so Its not like I can just go "get" them...

PGDO. it consumes my every waking moment, that is not already being eaten by work / school / sleeping
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 21:08
Well, you can either stop using the enhanced audio plugin, or just accept that people without the SSE2 extensions will have to use that dll, and get no sound

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:57
Hmm. That is sad. When you say "get no sound" do you mean no sound that comes from eap155? Or do you mean ALL sound that comes from eap155, dark_mp3, and the normal DBP stuff?

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 23:38
Only eap155 will be affected

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 01:08
Okay, thanks for the help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:56:14
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:56:14