Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / My concpet art

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 19:20
I felt that I wanted to show my concept for a character.
I dont know if its actualy useable for something, but anyways

C&C are welcome

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 22:23 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 22:24
while the sketch is decent, you've (unneccessarily) removed the finer details when you added the coloring. ie, if you sent the 2nd piece to a modeller, the final product would probably be nothing like what you've imagined. same goes for what what we, the audience, is seeing in the 2nd pic.

consider maintaining a minimum of "ambient light" that would only allow the deepest, darkest crevaces in the cloak, and the shadows undernearth it, to be anywhere near total black.

furthermore, a single light source will allow you to portray the material effects of the clothing, skin, and accessories. ie, imagine a candle sitting on a table in front of him. maybe at waist height. the buckle, cloak clasp, and shell casings would reflect the light similar to what you've already displayed, telling the viewer "this is shiny metal". perhaps the leg straps, belt, boots, and ammo straps are made of grainy, weathered leather... this could also be portrayed by how the light hits them. the stitching on the shins in the sketch makes me think they're made of a slightly different material than that of the pants; show this with light. and, finally, by 'painting' the cloak nearly all 'black' you've removed the snug/tucked feeling from the top of it.

bottom line, try using light to help us/others see what you're seeing in a more obvious fashion. also, i hope i'm not sounding too negative here because there is lots of potential, so take all of this as 'my opinion', please

Virtual Nomad @ California, USA
AMD Phenomâ„¢ X4 9750 Quad-Core @ 2.4 GHz . 8 GB PC2-6400 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 3650 @ 512 MB . Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 19:05
Thanks for you help.
I see what you mean, I will have to add better ligthning

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:23:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:23:20