Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / BLENDER (for anyone who uses it i need help)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2009 23:58
to anybody who uses blender can he tell me how he uses it and how he exports his models

ARM YOURSELF WITH KNOLEGE
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 00:22
You *might* have better luck in the Blender forums...

..just sayin'.

RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 01:06
can anyone give me an animation software theyre using please

Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 17:57 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 18:01
Quote: "to anybody who uses blender can he tell me how he uses it and how he exports his models"

Hmm, maybe if you post endlessly about it...

After Googling, I found THIS

http://projects.blender.org/projects/directxexporter/

Did you even LOOK on the internet?

~QJ
RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 23:07
of course and i found latches python scripts

Quirkyjim
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 00:17
So why do you keep posting?

~QJ
RYD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 00:27
caus its not working for me on blender 2.48

MayoZebraHat 1979
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 07:29 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 07:31
The .x (directx) exporter that is installed with blender is the latest, probably the same old one as the one at blender projects. I select my mesh object and I use File>Export> directc(.x)then push "Export Sel". Can't really help you beyond that if it's not working. You won't get animations to work in my experience. I use blender as my modeler and fragMotion for animations and .dbo export, the native 3d file type for DBP, for DarkBasic Pro.

If you are serious about blender then get a blender forum account. It'll change your life! You can then arm yourself with this, uh, "knolege" you speak of in your signature. Also FragMotion http://www.fragmosoft.com/, though not exactly free, has a good .dbo exporter built in as well as texture mapping for skinning and bones with IK solvers for skeletal animation.
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2009 00:57 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2009 00:59
Quote: "to anybody who uses blender can he tell me how he uses it and how he exports his models"

Quote: "can anyone give me an animation software theyre using please"

come on man figure it out! it is not hard you just gotta use the shortcuts! and google it! it helps alot plus there is a thread on the 3D chat board with SEVERAL free 3D modelers and animators
blender is very simple and powerful ya just need to learn how to use it

the modern government tries to make time,into money that is why clock are not free! in theory time is actually money!
GeeBee
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Make sure you have Python installed , else Blender will only offer the export options of VRML/DXF/STL. Python can be found at http://www.python.org/download/

2. With Python installed, other export types will be available from Blender, including a .x option.

3. In the script window, select EXPORT ALL works fine for me - note it 'exports all' (duh), even hidden components, etc.

4. If you have an animation, the script has a choice of 'Export animimation' (or similar text) - select accordingly. My animations have been simple, using key frames & the 'ipo curve editor', but sufficient for my purposes (can manipulate play speed / frames in dbo).

5. Pop-up window allows you to add filename/save etc.

The above has all worked fine for me in 2.45/2.48.

Hope it helps.

Design by Trial and eror...and errror...and errorr
AcP2142
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 08:05
OK. You have answers now but for the future keep in mind that this is not a blender forum. Although it does have something to do with DBC we are probably not the most promising people to ask considering that most of us probably don't use Blender. I am not trying to sound rude so sorry if I am seeming that way.

The only thing constant in life is CHANGE.
arbiter chewbacca hybrid
Years of Service
User Offline
I made a medialess FPS in blender once .. My point is it is extremely easy to use...

Vista is a paradox created by Bill Gates to force the noble pc gamers of america to console I am here to change that. [link]www.kdlproductions.webs.com[link]
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 16:51
I find it quite difficult...

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 09:26:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 09:26:15