Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] [S] Plaster Neck

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 21:21 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2009 21:25

Plaster Neck
...couldn't think of a better title...

Well, I've made a game I'm quite proud of. So I'll post progress here and see what comes of it. I definitely want some crit but I'd also like to know what went right.

Story: You play as a mechanic running routine maintenance on the minor power grid of a steel mill. On your long trip down you notice quite a lot of suspicious things happening with a lot of suspicious people. You walk into the power room and run your check. All of the sudden, you here a crash and a moan of pain. You wonder what the hell just happened and pick-up your wrench and being your journey out of the mill.

Screenies in next post.

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 21:25
Screenshot of first level "Lower Basement"

Power Room

Hallway

Longer Hallway (What's that in the back...)

Filler Room showing drain work

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 21:41
hmm looks nice, but i would suggest toning the lights up and decreasing the ambience level

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2009 23:27
Ambience is 5, should I decrease it to 0 or another number? And I'm working on more attractive lighting at the moment.

Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 12:00
Yeah, with my game the ambience is 0, i think it really works for scary or eerie scenes, you may disagree though

god games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 14:26
can you make a demo from this game ?
i wanna try the game

sorry for bad english im dutch
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 19:55
mm i see a custom wrench on errants hands eh? cool,i wish i could rig up myself something custom... anyways awesome lightning and as Asteric said,ambience must be zero then build up the lightning with lights,thats how they do it in the real industry,if you want dark corners,nice shadows,creepy feeling,go with white-gray-yellow-orange light colour tone to keep the horror ambience

A.K.A. djmaster
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2009 22:30 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2009 22:35
I dont want to be rude, but You arent showing us much, if it is a horror game, it isnt everything like dark, ansd such, a horror game is all about the Sound (cant see that in the pic can I?), the game design, the trigger placement, light placement, ambience level, and so on,

Most Important The Story: For most of the people that is the most important. I think

Quote: "What´s That in the back?"

2 Cylinder, with a texture aplied, + Normal Map or Shader, Relief Mapping And a Women or Man (pretty nice actually)

But it is ok, keep things in mind,

For A Perfect Level I need a whole Week ,.. Maybe more, soo (Including all gadjets suchas sounds, radio and so on)
Sometimes I see a Thread of a "game" that someone made a level, and then I see a post, "wait I am finishing my second level and almost started my third one, but as i made the fourth first, I am very close to the finished" But that isnt gonna work isn´t it?

BUT I AM SURE, If you make a couple of changes it comes out COMPLETE AWESOM; THE MODEL AND SHader or Nomal Mapiing use, is nice, Just show us more candy so we can drug ourself With your amazing screenshots

EDITED: Nice Title Bytheway

Hope it helped

Bye

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Finally, someone who actually uses nice shaders. (I get bashed for that a lot) I look foward to playing your game, so keep up the good work!

Rogue
creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2009 08:40
Very Nice work Pride!...Looking great! Are those my entity Relief Map shaders on your barrells btw?, They fit in great

CoZ

twitch tweak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2009 23:40
The screens looks pretty good, one thing tho.. I'm not liking that pipe in the 2nd screen. Its placement seems off.. The way the light is above it and it just randomly streches across the hallway at head level. Idk it just seems kinda unrealistic.

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2009 17:28
Nice. Any demo?

I can't texture. I'm not an artist.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
nice good work so far

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Demon Air 3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2009 22:26
Looks great!

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2009 05:14
Sorry for the lack of updates, my fiance has been terribly sick and playing the computer would seem rude.

Thanks for the comments, y'all:

@Djmaster - Thanks!
@Red Eye - Thanks a bunch for the advice, I will take all of that in mind
@CoZ - Nice find
@Twitch tweak - Alright, just needed something for scenery, but if it seems unreal, I'll scrap it, any suggestions for random stuff? I seem to be pretty bad at adding scenic junk

More updates coming soon! And no demo yet, gotta perfect what I got first and then I'll post a level 1 demo.

PS: I have an issue, entities that are not spawned at start, but spawned later on in the level, have the shaders screw up and make the char totally transparent but work fine when not spawned. Any ideas?

Pride
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 00:52
On a small note, I think I'm going to suspend this project for a bit. A person very very dear to my heart has just passed away due to breast cancer and I don't have the incentive to create death scenes after seeing on in reality.

Well, best wishes to anyone and a note: enjoy life.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 22:12
Quote: "...A person very very dear to my heart has just passed away due to breast cancer and I don't have the incentive to create death scenes after seeing on in reality."

...my deepest condolences to you and those close to you, Pride.

I lost my mother last May, to cancer, after a long drawn out process.

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to hear that guys, I wish you both all the best.
Ocho Geek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 00:17
ambience level IMO should never be 0, 1 or 2 is best as it is never pitch black in real life

Not in cruelty, Not in wrath The Reaper came today;
An Angel visited this gray path And took the cube away.
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2009 00:32
Quote: "ambience level IMO should never be 0, 1 or 2 is best as it is never pitch black in real life"

concrete walls, no windows, no outside light?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:26:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:26:48