Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Beyond Paranormal

Author
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Mar 2009 19:40 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 15:29
Now this time,i will really finish it,the last game ended badly beacause i deleted all the files accidentaly(if not i will atleast release the demo of the 1st level thats already done).

The story takes place in a hospital when you wake up on an operating table.Theres alot of blood around and theres no surgery equipment and there are werid windows in the room.You dont remember who you are or where you are.Once you step out of the room,find a pistol on the ground and hear creepy noises it is clear that everything is Beyond Paranormal.

The hospital level is done.I made a cool trick that you will be able to see in the video im currently uploading.Theres a lot of entities,the framerate is all the way from 38 to the lowest 25 i got in the men toilet(my rig:amd athlon x2 2,3ghz,2gb ram,geforce 9500gt,running the latest FPSC 1.15 beta2).Theres a lot of zombies,around every corner,the point of the game isnt really horror so it scares you,its more like slightly creepy,freakish,paranormal,zombie filled action shooting game.First level is hospital,second level is dark apartments(scraped,now Park),then we will see.I can predict you the finish-helicopter extraction.
There will be a video ready as soon as youtube uploads the video.

The first demo with level Hospital is finished:

Ok lets have a bite on those screenies:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=147565&b=35

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 03:30 Edited at: 3rd Mar 2009 03:31
screen 1: your haveing the same problem with your overlays as i use to you can fix this by makeing them dynamic.
screen 2: no offense but i dont like any of the TGC horror characters.....
screen 3: this effect is used alot
screen 4: lol probably my favorite (she never had a chance)
screen 5: "the surgeon tried to revive the cleaver weilding maniac but he couldnt then somehow he died"
screen 6: even zombies sometimes hve to take a bathroom break
screen 7: could use some more entites on the shelves (btw i still dont kno how to do the wall with hole in it thing)

it looks really good so far!
i think it could use some more entites and i think you should change the yellow light so its more white.

(the title looks similar to one ive seen before)

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 12:55
thanks,but 1.whats the problem with blood splats? they dont flicker,2.the guy on the operating table where the surgeon was killed,the guy on the table is a zombie that stands up when you get close,3.the hole in the wall was done with cutter next level(not buttercutter) i will add some entities to shelves ect. and fix up the lights a bit

A.K.A. djmaster
Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2009 19:17
when i said there was a problem with the overlays i was pointing out that theres a shadow cast on them by the lighting,creating the black square around them.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2009 13:06
it doesent??? it might just seem like that beacause of the light position

A.K.A. djmaster
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 7th Mar 2009 07:33
well why this topic is blank beacause im switching to a new engine thats atleast capable of rendering more zombies at a time than in fpsc,might work on it if the engine switch doesent work out

A.K.A. djmaster
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 00:32
this game looks cool, you should try model pack 22, or Bond1's zombies on the TGC Store.

Overall, has some depth, I'll download ur demo

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 15:46
my demo is already in the showcase,and i dont have any money to get mp22 so ill stay with mp4

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 15:27
i had to double post its a great update to the game,i downloaded cosmic prophets subway pack so the Park level is going pretty well.Basically after you escape the Hospital and the block leads to the park wall where you get over and start Park level,theres a hole in the ground in the park from train crash explosion below.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 13:15
another slight update,ive started on the generator area that you access from the subway,it looks pretty good,you will find a key in the workers locker room and then continiue on

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 16:36
more updates yaaay,the second level Park is done,now i must polish out all the gameplay aspects on these two levels,remove the hud and add more natural indicators of low health and low ammo,add some toughts of the main character about an event.in the pictures you can see the gantry has been broken off,the cause is the shock of the train crash,falling off this gantry kills you,find another way around

people,post some suggestions or reviews!

A.K.A. chargerbandit
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 14:59
Looks great dj
I can't wait to see the finished game

knxrb

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 03:59
It actually looks scary, which is good.
Put WAAAY more random entities that the player will look at
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 08:07
yeah the generator room is kinda empty,im thinking of shrinking it down for a segment row and fill some free media in,in the meantime,it isnt meant to be a scare-the-player game,simply the city is infected ect ect and you try to survive in a creepy ambience

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 11:11
OK a new demo is comming today,the project is still alive.The demo will include the first two levels Hospital and Park,then im moving onto other levels,once all 5 levels are done the game will be fully freely released.Stay tuned.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 4th May 2009 16:52
This thread is not dead! I changed my mind about the demo so full game only.Level 3 is in progress,its some kind of abandoned factory or something.The level is called Factory.Next level will most likely be something like sewers or something a bit outdoors,I still need to decide.In the meanwhile the second level was renamed to Service Shaft.Another info is that the player looses all the weaponry in level 3 so you will only have a hammer or axe,I still need to consider if I will make an axe or simply remap the hammer.
Now to the screens:

Notice the lightmap quality is very low beacause im too damn lazy to set it higher,and the wall textures arent seamless and im going to fix it today.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 10th May 2009 13:02
New pictures for you all,Warehouse level is done,im almost done with the new Old Apartments level and then for the final one.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 18:09
wow this game is looking nasty. like the dead hanging off the fan.

more than what meets the eye
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 10th May 2009 18:22
Yeah thats one of my favourite parts,the guy looks like saw a candy on the fan blade and he tried to eat it when suddenly someone turned it on lol.And yes the game gets messier at the end,totaly psychoticly bloody.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 15th May 2009 20:16
Everyone,im working on the final 6th level of the game and the game will be powered by xrMod and will be released this weekend.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 00:31:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 00:31:57