Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / The Alphabet and Numbers Kingdom

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2009 18:12
I really heard the voice well .. the three piles .. but may be i didn't understand that they will be alone away than the treasure.

I will search again ...

Techno VaLLeY
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 01:04
@TechNo VaLLey

I had to make it somewhat difficult. Part of the difficulty lies in the fact that there is a very large area to cover and these small piles can be anywhere. Also, in a lot of my games, an entity that is needed to be picked up may not appear until after a previous task has been completed. Therefore, TP#1 will not appear until the TC is found and returned. TP#2 will not appear until TP#1 is found and returned, and so on. This does not make sense in the real world but we are not in the real world. We are not only in a fantasy land but we are also playing a game. Reality and realism is not always necessary as far as I'm concerned when playing a game. That's just my humble opinion.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2009 23:07 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 04:14
Here is the first couple of images of the cave.

We are inside the Toadstool home where the cave entrance is. We are met by a gnome; not just any gnome but the head gnome. He and his followers protect what's in the cave and watch out for authorized visitors to the cave. There are three items on the table. This is a logic "test". What would be the best thing to take into a cave? The player is given a choice.

OK, I chose the flashlight and our gnome friend (he does have a name but I'll wait you hear it for yourself in either a sound bite or a video snippet) has just given it to me. He then proceeds to tell me that I must jump through the hole in the floor on the other side of the table to enter the cave. He will join me their.

Here we are in the cave. He now asks the player to follow him.

You now see our gnome friend walking towards a hole within the cave. The player is to follow him.

Addendum:

Here are two more:

The next one shows a pitch black room in the cave. The player's going to need a flashlight to see inside that room. If the player didn't bring a flashlight with him then he will need to find one. When he has a flashlight then he can use it. The next post will show the flashlight. I'm only using S4 Real's flashlight with basic script. The newer scripts could possibly be more frustrating for a five year old.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks awesome!

Quote: "OK, I chose the flashlight"

By the way just wondering which flashlight script did you use (was it v3.1?) hmmm

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because it is larger than 600x120.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2009 23:30 Edited at: 3rd Apr 2009 23:31
Quote: "By the way just wondering which flashlight script did you use (was it v3.1?)"

No, just S4's script. I wanted to keep it simple in this game and especially this level. But, I certainly plan on using v3.x along with the huds, in a game I already started but haven't really worked on. I might even use it in a future level to add some difficulty. Hopefully by the time the young player gets to that he might be more versed with time pressure.

@xplosys, I am using your flashlight hud. I think that works very well and we don't have to worry about a flashlight being converted into a weapon.

I will be posting up an image of a "flashlight" scene. Pressing F12 while in-game does not save the huds. So, I have to use a screen capture.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 00:08
Finally got back to this thread. I've had some difficulties because of some of the things I wanted to do which required more scripting. A lot of trial and error was involved -- a lot of test runs. I finally decided to increase the RAM in my computer from 1 GB to 4 GB. Wow! It's like a new computer. Anyway, that made testing a lot faster.

First, here's the flashlight images:

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 00:10 Edited at: 14th Apr 2009 00:14
Some more cave images. Would anybody like the full level once it's done? My Grandson should be playing it Thursday night.

This is Belven. He will show up in other levels as well. He can be mischievous. However, in this level if you didn't choose the flashlight, then he will be willing to either trade the book for a flashlight or will be willing to sell it for the gold coins -- depending on which you took with you. He's very excitable and in the cave, he spends most of his time jumping up and down.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
wow this looks great, my little brother freaked when the ogre spawned.(and when i say freaked i mean like yelled, it was actually pretty funny)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 04:22:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 04:22:08