Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / DarkAI [DGDK] ViewRange vs. Attack Distance

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2009 12:43 Edited at: 21st Mar 2009 13:19
The attack distance seems to have no bearing. My units flip the CanFire flag once they are within View Range. My Avoid = 2.0, View Range = 50.0, Attack Distance = 5.0 (melee). The ai units just sit there attacking from 50 away. I changed the view range to 5 as a test and that changes it.

Also, their Action is ALWAYS the "and Attacking" version. They NEVER are just plain moving or stopped, and they don't have targets at those times.

Is this a bug or am I doing something commonly wrong?

edit: Just checked in the samples, same issue so I don't think it's my code.. should I post this in the bugs section?

edit again: ok, I figured out the Attack Distance, it only works in aggressive stance. Still confused about the Action always having "and Attacking"

-Warspawn

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-23 15:13:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-23 15:13:07