Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Cone Runner

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2009 23:45 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 02:42
This is a game very similar to Cube Runner on the ipod touch. It has unlockable beginner, medium, expert, and bonus levels. I made it with two kids in my high school computer science class. First time any of us ever did anything with Dark Basic. Hope you enjoy!

Attached is a .zip file that contains an .exe and all necessary files to play the game, including the code file if you wanna check it out.

Screenshot:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2009 23:02
Pretty nice game! And addictive too!

I don't want to be rude or anything, but every wip or program announcement has to come with an in-game screenshot, or the thread will be locked.

You can use something like photobucket or imageshack, copy the direct link into the post message box, highlight it and hit the "image" button.

TheComet

Peachy, and the Chaos of the Gems

christoph
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks! And sorry, didn't know that. I'll do that now and edit my first post.
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2009 05:00
You really need to fix your "collision" or random number generator that you're using to determine if you hit a cone or not, especially with how sensitive the controls are. Every time I hit one the ball is several miles away from it. I also spawned right in front of a cone about 1/3 of the times it started.

Other than that, it was fun. Good music.

christoph
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You really need to fix your "collision" or random number generator that you're using to determine if you hit a cone or not, especially with how sensitive the controls are. Every time I hit one the ball is several miles away from it. I also spawned right in front of a cone about 1/3 of the times it started."

I realize this, I used the If Object Collision() statement. It's not working well and I'm disappointed in it. How can I make it better? Should I use Sparky's Collision Code? If so, how would I do that. And about the spawning in front of cones error, I am working on it right now!

Thanks for the input!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 05:59:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 05:59:22