Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 04:14 Edited at: 7th Apr 2009 01:00
The Unknown

Story
You are a police officer named Johnathon Benet. One night you and your partner are patrolling the city when you see a light go on
at 3:00 am in a new testing facility that has just been built, you and your partner decide that you should go inside to check that no one has broken in. When you get in you and your partner split up to cover more ground.

Screen shots

Update

Heres the link to the demo please try it and give me suggestions also i would like to know the average fps if possible, Set texture quality to medium and shaders off keep everything else the same.http://files.filefront.com/13545358

Please leave comments

Your signature has been erased by a mod, because it is larger than 600x120.
Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 05:57
game looks interesting.

the first screen is probably my favorite.

screen 2 and 3 seem a little empty.

i suggest for screen 3 mabye put a light with a slight green tint to illuminate the radioactive spill.

i see that some of the lights do hve light sources but not all of them. try to make it so the player knos where the light is actually coming from all the time.

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2009 21:54 Edited at: 6th Apr 2009 21:55
looks good, keep it up

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P. Red Eye Productions
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "i suggest for screen 3 mabye put a light with a slight green tint to illuminate the radioactive spill.

i see that some of the lights do hve light sources but not all of them. try to make it so the player knos where the light is actually coming from all the time.
"

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm uploading a demo of level one now, after you play it ill start adding in your suggestions

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Update

Heres the link to the demo please try it and give me suggestions also i would like to know the average fps if possible, Set texture quality to medium and shaders off keep everything else the same.http://files.filefront.com/13545358

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
downloading now

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok tell me how you like it, Right now i'm working on a cut scene for the intro

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 02:58
Downloading, pictures look nice so far

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 03:45
The Review

Lighting- 7/10

A little dark for my liking in a couple spots, but it actually creates a good mood for the game, so I'd leave as is, maybe raise a little

Excessive use of dynamic lights where unneeded, such as the proximity lights, although that was a nice effect. My thoughts, use sparingly

Level Design- 7/10
Looked nice, especially with fog. A little bare, however... perhaps add a checkpoint before the acid room

Weapons- 9/10
Nice realism, zombies take little damage as they should, and its nice to see a game where you dont walk around with maximum ammo (cough rainbow six vegas, 80 shotgun shells and unlimited pistol clips)
Only thing is, by the time I got to the final Skittles (crawly guy =p) I had one shot left, but I took a couple potshots to test sync of weapon with sound

Perhaps add 1 extra clip, or consider headshots, classic zombie style (assuming you use stock)

Framerate- 6/10
A little low (with shaders I saw as low as 5, w/o low of 15... high of maybe 28), but my computer is crap, so I can't say much perhaps less dynamic lights as said above

Graphics- 9/10
Excellent graphics, although you can see every individual polygon on dead bodies

Bugs- 10/10
I saved in acid room, reloaded, and when I took two steps I died (not in acid), didnt happen after respawn, Skittles has no ability to climb stairs, although these cannot be fixed really. Death glitch most likely inherent to the engine

Overall low glitches and bugs for FPSC

Overall, I say 8/10

Good game, but there a couple areas that could be improved in

I hope you didnt take my crit too seriously HK

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2009 20:22
Take a look at the screenshot. This is a test game level I built after downloading your game. Any idea of what happened?

With these isolated expiriments, we are not only expanding our knowledge on time, we are starting to harness it's potential. Head Reasercher before Expiriment No 52

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
wow thats crazy weird restart you computer and rebuild the test level

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Take a look at the screenshot. This is a test game level I built after downloading your game. Any idea of what happened?"

that is surealistic,,

@hockeykid: You will get the list on friday...

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 06:51
That is a tight screen shot GoW
Gears of War
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 07:18 Edited at: 10th Apr 2009 07:18
Oops. Entity placement in my WiP screenshot is classified! Cover your eyes!

With these isolated expiriments, we are not only expanding our knowledge on time, we are starting to harness it's potential. Head Reasercher before Expiriment No 52
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 09:51
Hmm... A couple of the screens look a tad bland, and to be honest the one with the acid is downright atrocious (add some green lighting to fix it) but otherwise this looks quite good. The way the rooms aren't cluttered along with the fog gives it a sterile atmosphere that I very much like. Keep it up!
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hmm... A couple of the screens look a tad bland, and to be honest the one with the acid is downright atrocious (add some green lighting to fix it) but otherwise this looks quite good. The way the rooms aren't cluttered along with the fog gives it a sterile atmosphere that I very much like. Keep it up! "

thank you very much, and i do agree with you about the acid room and it will be fixed.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 02:12
Can't wait to see how this turns out Hockey

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for all the comments

Heres a Picture of the acid with a green light in it, I think i'm gonna use a trigger zone to change the ambiance a bit greener.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 11:23 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 11:23
very good you'r improving... and nice use of fog...

i am really sorry i didnt had the time to send the list. Maybe you could come on msn.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2009 13:15
Quote: "Heres a Picture of the acid with a green light in it, I think i'm gonna use a trigger zone to change the ambiance a bit greener."

That's not exactly what I meant, instead of having one big green light, have about six mid-sized lights at a lower position.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "That's not exactly what I meant, instead of having one big green light, have about six mid-sized lights at a lower position."

good advice... it is more important to have small green lights than one big... on more thing.. there are alot of different green lights

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I see what you mean, Ill be posting more pictures in a couple of hours.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for double post

Here's the acid room with a few small lights, ill need to do some rearranging but i do like how it looks.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 00:23
very cool i would dl the demo but my internet connection is B.A.D.
lately for whatever reason ( sometimes as low 1.0 mbps)

My Soldier Front Account name is: Baddude32
Whats yours? I want to know!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 11:21
Very nice, I'd add more computer consoles and the like, there seems to be very little actual research equipment in there...

Labs often are quite cluttered, seriously, google Laboratory on Images and you'll see. Nevertheless, I like the sterility, although the story could use a little fine-tuning...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 20:40 Edited at: 18th Apr 2009 20:44
Quote: "Very nice, I'd add more computer consoles and the like, there seems to be very little actual research equipment in there...

Labs often are quite cluttered, seriously, google Laboratory on Images and you'll see. Nevertheless, I like the sterility, although the story could use a little fine-tuning.."

I agree 100% but my computer only has 956mb of ram so i don't know how my frame rate compared to yours is (most computers these days have at least 2gb) so i don't want to ruin the fps

Added Working on idea

light map quality set to 100

changed light map texture size to 256

removed some dynamic lights for slightly better fps

changing around the lighting in the acid room to make the acid illuminate better

Screaming Head Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2009 02:30
Quote: " changing around the lighting in the acid room to make the acid illuminate better"

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is your bunny on drugs.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 23:36 Edited at: 26th Apr 2009 23:36
I know i haven't said anything about this for a week but i am still working on it, i have been a bit busy but do have plans to change around the level a bit.

changing around the lighting in the acid room to make the acid illuminate better

adding more eye candy/entities without a drop in fps

Intro cut scene

making the level longer by making some puzzles

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 02:00:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 02:00:51